Which song would you like to see Power Quest performing live?

Rightio then. Thanks to Shredgirl I've been thinking on and off about Power Quest Setlists for the last few days and I was thinking about starting a thread about this previously as well.

I've gone for what I think would be awesome Setlists for two types of shows, the Headlining variety and the Support variety. Please bear in mind though that I've not exactly accurately checked how long these sets could/would last and they're not necessarily in the best order, although I have made a bit more of an effort in the latter department.

The / in between some song titles represent ideas for alternating song choices at different shows and in some instances, I've put my preference out of the two alternating songs in Italics.

Anyhoo, here I go!

Headlining Setlist

Battle Stations
Rising Anew
Find My Heaven
Cemetery Gates
Survive
Wings of Forever
Better Days/Sacrifice
Temple of Fire
Glorious
Sacred Land/Strike Force
Immortal Plains/Hold on to Love
Crunching The Numbers
City of Lies/Never Again
Far Away
Neverworld

Support Setlist

Battle Stations
Rising Anew
Find My Heaven
Wings of Forever/Far Away
Better Days/Sacrifice
Survive
Temple of Fire/Strike Force
Glorious/Crunching The Numbers
Neverworld

Overall, my objectives with these setlists were:

1. To include plenty of songs from Blood Alliance

2. Ensure that some of the very best Power Quest songs make it (yes, I did sometimes feel like just putting "WHOLE DISCOGRAPHY!" as a setlist on many occasions when trying to decide!)

3. Try to ensure that at least one song is played from each album.

Rightio then. Thanks to Shredgirl I've been thinking on and off about Power Quest Setlists for the last few days and I was thinking about starting a thread about this previously as well.

I've gone for what I think would be awesome Setlists for two types of shows, the Headlining variety and the Support variety. Please bear in mind though that I've not exactly accurately checked how long these sets could/would last and they're not necessarily in the best order, although I have made a bit more of an effort in the latter department.

The / in between some song titles represent ideas for alternating song choices at different shows and in some instances, I've put my preference out of the two alternating songs in Italics.

Anyhoo, here I go!

Headlining Setlist

Battle Stations
Rising Anew
Find My Heaven
Cemetery Gates
Survive
Wings of Forever
Better Days/Sacrifice
Temple of Fire
Glorious
Sacred Land/Strike Force
Immortal Plains/Hold on to Love
Crunching The Numbers
City of Lies/Never Again
Far Away
Neverworld

Support Setlist

Battle Stations
Rising Anew
Find My Heaven
Wings of Forever/Far Away
Better Days/Sacrifice
Survive
Temple of Fire/Strike Force
Glorious/Crunching The Numbers
Neverworld

Overall, my objectives with these setlists were:

1. To include plenty of songs from Blood Alliance

2. Ensure that some of the very best Power Quest songs make it (yes, I did sometimes feel like just putting "WHOLE DISCOGRAPHY!" as a setlist on many occasions when trying to decide!)

3. Try to ensure that at least one song is played from each album.

Some nice choices there dude......a 45 minute support slot + intro and caht between songs pretty much equals 6 or 7 songs max depending on the length of the chosen numbers

Good stuff Kingface I have to say that's pretty similar to what I'd want to hear. Nice amount of thought gone into that. Sprinkle in a bit more MND and I'm sold. Damnit why can't we have An Evening With Power Quest?!

Thanks folks! :D

Having listened to Neverworld and Magic Never Dies recently at work, I'm disgusted with myself for not including "Galaxies Unknown" and "Edge of Time" somewhere in either of those!

That's the vision I have:

The band comes on stage minus Chity. Don't say a word. Take your positions and rip into Battle Stations (what a title!). Then Chity comes running in and starts singing into Rising Anew followed by Glorious. I'm not too bothered what they play after that because I'd surely be KOed after the nuclear delivery of said power trio. But if I live, beyond this sonic assault, I'd also like to hear Crunching The Numbers, Survive, Edge Of Time, Hearts And Voices.

No, he means that you have two different CDs of Master of Illusion, from your stories :p one from your parents and one from Toronto...

:lol: Well... yea, when you recall past events in your life, that's a short story. But since you asked, I can't really believe you - his original point was that you have two different stories of obtaining Master of Illusion, and you say you only have one copy. Both stories are quite different! Plus, you told me you don't own any PQ albums. :p

Not raising a torch and pitchfork but it's perhaps worth mentioning, to explain any disbelief, that you are a guy who's willingly admitted and advocated pirating albums. So maybe forgive anyone who questions a discrepency.

I'm not going to discuss any irrelevant things in this thread, sorry. We can discuss it in PMs if you guys want to, though.

Good call, Noam - back to the topic at hand, has Magic Never Dies ever been played live? Pardon my ignorance on the history of live songs :lol:

MND has been played live many, many times in the past........and the intro part of the song was developed into a guitar solo section for a couple of years. Some of you may remember the Martongelli/Hudson version of this on the 2008 UK tour which went down a storm!