Which Symphony X song for a video?

If Symphony X could make a video for 1 of their songs, which song would you choose and how should it look like?

I would say The Odyssey because the story is great and because of it's length :D Besides The Odyssey (because I think it isn't possible to make a video for it) I would choose The Accolade. Everytime I hear this song I think it would be very nice to see them playing in a vid.

You're back!! YAY :D

Anyway, I also think The Odyssey would be cool because they could act out the story and stuff. If they did Accolade, Russell could be a knight since it's about a knight. I think Inferno would be killer...they could make it look evil and stuff.

They better do a freakin' video someday man!! SOMEDAY

Fallen! A conceptual/band performance kind of video would ROCK.

Since they'd probably use a new song to make a video, though... Wicked, Incantations, and The Turning would all be really cool.

The Damnation Game would be cool. In the video, we could have Russel Allen playing Unreal Tournament getting pissed off as he gets beat by some guy using an aimbot while doing the "Damnn damnn damnnn" part.

A really over the top Rhapsody/Hammerfall style video for Inferno would be rad 2 the max. Have like Michael Romeo shredding then BAM the inferno is unleashed and everything catches on fire.

Wicked would be awesome...with the band jamming in a graveyard and ruins of a church.

I'd also say Accolade II or The Odyssey, simply because it would be awesome to see the guys act out the characters.

Well, The Accolade is perfect for a video. I have the whole video in my head... the story, the characters, the tears, the smiles... everything... it's just too long to explain it but it goes like this:

At the intro of the song (from the beggining to before Russell's voice come in) we see how the Hero's family settles in a green plain, like England and how the Hero makes and Oath with the King of that Realm.

Then, the first verse: "into the morning sun... down his chosen road he rides to save the world...etc" se see him riding his horse, with a "cross of crimson" in his chest and a "robe of white"... dressed like a Templar.

"Play shields and wooden swords... slaying dragons as a Knight of Arthur's Court..." we see the Hero's childhood, his fantasies, and then we see his evolution (kid - teenager - adult)...

"Sons of Antioch, and Angel voice cries out to him..." we see the hero looking for something/someone in a rainy night, outside his home... and then a beam of light from the skies falls above him and an Angel voice says: "Free the Holy Lands... bring peace to it again..."

When the chorus begins, we see the hero riding in his horse, in slow motion, across different landscapes, day and night...

That's the first part. I will post the other one soon... =)

Knight of the Templar said:
Well, The Accolade is perfect for a video. I have the whole video in my head... the story, the characters, the tears, the smiles... everything... it's just too long to explain it but it goes like this:

At the intro of the song (from the beggining to before Russell's voice come in) we see how the Hero's family settles in a green plain, like England and how the Hero makes and Oath with the King of that Realm.

Then, the first verse: "into the morning sun... down his chosen road he rides to save the world...etc" se see him riding his horse, with a "cross of crimson" in his chest and a "robe of white"... dressed like a Templar.

"Play shields and wooden swords... slaying dragons as a Knight of Arthur's Court..." we see the Hero's childhood, his fantasies, and then we see his evolution (kid - teenager - adult)...

"Sons of Antioch, and Angel voice cries out to him..." we see the hero looking for something/someone in a rainy night, outside his home... and then a beam of light from the skies falls above him and an Angel voice says: "Free the Holy Lands... bring peace to it again..."

When the chorus begins, we see the hero riding in his horse, in slow motion, across different landscapes, day and night...

wow.. how cheesy :D but nice story anyway

Yeah, it's cheesy, but... whatever! :D

Let's continue:

"A heart of gold pumps within his metal skin, a noble line he carries on..." We see the Hero with his family, kissing his wife, huggin' her...

When the solo begins, we see the Hero's son (present time, I mean, he's a grownup) arguing with his mother about following his father... the dialogue is something like this (we only see the subtitles... :D )

Mother: You can't go after him! It's too dangerous!
Son: I have to. I feel that something' wrong.
Mother: Don't go away... I don't want to lose you...
Son: I don't want to lose my father... my family... farewell!

And he takes his armor, his sword and his shield and rides his horse after his father.

"Braving the bloody din... silver spurs are justly earned by strength within..." We see a flashback of the Hero teaching his son (like a kid) some fighting techiniques and then kissing him and playing with him (an "emotional" scene).

The chorus is the same that the first one, only changes the landscapes and the weather.

The "church organ" part shows us how the Hero and his wife met, how they fell in love and how they got married. Another "touching" moment in the song... =)

Third and last part coming soon! :D

Knight of the Templar said:

I was thinking the exacy same thing, actually! Making a long concept video of the two Accolades would have been killer!

Here it comes, the last part of the "cheesy" Accolade video:

The part with the instrument layers (beautiful moment... until that bass and that drum ruin it! :mad: ) shows a city under siege, and the coming of the Hero. He joins the battle against the "enemies" and helps the citizens and the army to defend their town. But he didn't see that his son was coming behind him.

"Too see the light, to spend his life, to understand... the sword he once held tight, falls forever from his hands..." The Hero is fighting, but he's killed and we see the sword falling to the ground, as the hero takes the wooden rosary that he had on his neck. The rosary is fool of blood, stained.

The chors now is different. We see the "tender" moments of the Hero and his family, the Hero as a child, the training with his son... with that beautiful chorus in the background.
We also see the Hero's son crying next to his father's corpse.

At the acoustic outro, we see that the Hero's wife is alone at home, and then a messenger from the King give her the stained rosary of her husband and she begins to cry, alone, as darkness surrounds her and the video ends.

That's it. That's all. I hope you like it :D

Coming soon: Accolade II ;)

If they ever make a video, I hope that Russel wears many different masks and that fat guitarist makes some cool poses with his guitar.