While Heaven Wept and other new metal in stock

that new While Heaven Wept is easily my favorite album released this year so far. Seldom do I use the word beautiful to describe a metal album but that what these songs are. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I loved Rain when he sang in Altura and he is taking this band to the next level IMO.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfgXzDpbARw&feature=related[/ame]

that new While Heaven Wept is easily my favorite album released this year so far. Seldom do I use the word beautiful to describe a metal album but that what these songs are. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I loved Rain when he sang in Altura and he is taking this band to the next level IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfgXzDpbARw&feature=related

It was quite a disappointment for me. It had some guitar melodies that were almost the same as the previous album. Also I did not like the drum sound (mostly the cymbals). The vocals were the best part. Maybe I need to give it another listen but I felt let down after the first listen.

I totally agree. It seems kinda ordinary and rehashed from their last album. Also, way too short. 38 minutes, I mean come on. The production doesn't sound good either. I agree with you about the drum sound, I think its pretty bad.

Everything drum-wise on that record is artificial from what I hear. So i guess you guys just don't like any of the tones/cymbal sample set they chose. I think the cymbals were mixed a tiny bit too high, but other than that they sound pretty much industry standard. clarity and presence? check!

Would you rather it be 53 minutes long with 15 minutes of filler?

Exactly. I'd rather have a great album clocking in at 38 than something with too much filler. Too many bands tend to do that nowadays, so it's refreshing to see a band only put out the quality stuff.

That's great, but what I think is that the 38 minutes isn't that good. I agree the best part are the vocals.

Yeah a record can hold about 45 minutes of music.

was just going to say with the format change things would alter the future, but it doesn't lessen my argument that most bands of today write songs rather than albums.

an album can be "epic" in 29 minutes just as it can be in 75 minutes. it's about how the listeners absorb the content, but if you are listening to an album and watching the clock then there is just something wrong with that on a base level of enjoying music.

sure an initial reaction of "it's over already?" to me is a good sign and compliment. if the album flows that easily and you're that into it that much that should be a good thing.

plus why not just hit the play button again and enjoy the album for what the band wanted and conceptualized it to be, not your fantasy what it "could have been" and will never be.

SLAYER - Reign In Blood = 29 minutes of GREATNESS. I guess us "old guys" remember what it was like for bands to craft ALBUMS rather than write a bunch of songs.

Here you come with the whole "We old guys" and "back then was better" crap again... You know, the young guys also like the same type of stuff you do... Reign in Blood is an amazing album for sure. There's plenty of other older and short records that still get constant airplay from me. I just think you bringing up that thing again about how much back then albums were albums and today they're just a bunch of songs and blah blah blah is getting...well...old. ;) :lol:

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER said:
AR was still in diapers back then.

You know, there are other people who are younger than you around here... as a matter of fact, there's plenty of people who are younger than me as well... I guess it's time for you to shift the focus to the real young ones... :lol:

You know, there are other people who are younger than you around here... as a matter of fact, there's plenty of people who are younger than me as well... I guess it's time for you to shift the focus to the real young ones... :lol:

Yeah but you're more likable for some strange reason. But don't think were AngBrahs :lol: