While waiting for the new Wolverine album...

Condemnation

Dec 10, 2007
I thought I'd mention a couple of other albums that have grabbed my attention and made the days pass more easily.

First, I have discovered Seventh Wonder. The band is Dream theater but 10/15 years ago. Swedish band, awesome. Can't believe I've managed to avoid them.

Second, I've fell in love with U2's No line on the horizon. Great songs, great production and sound. Perhaps not the greatest lyrics ever, but what the hell.

Third, I've fell in love with Depeche Mode's Sounds of the universe. Yes I'm a big fan, and this is the best album from them in 10 years!

Fourth, Delain - April Rain, what an album. They have matured a lot. The singing is superb, the songs are catchy and cool, but still very 'metal'.

So... come on, comments and your own suggestions please!

I'm still waiting to hear/order the new Depeche album, I loved the first single (wrong) and it's video! I have high hopes since it's the same producer as the last album (Playing the angel) which I really love! An album I can really recommend is the newest Anna Ternheim album (Leaving on a mayday), great melancholic, a little bit "apocalyptic" feel on that one! :)

Wrong is one of the strongest tracks on the new album! It's great and I too like the video. One of their best videos methinks.

My view is that Sounds.. is a mixture of older albums (A broken frame, Black celebration, Violator, Ultra and Playing the angel) with something new thrown in. The sound is retro, 80-ish feel with some new sounding elements. Not as simplistic (and in my opinion boring) sounds as in Exciter and Playing the angel.

One thing that struck me is that there are not many songs that are standout tracks, it's more like one of those albums you've gotta listen from start to finish to really appreciate it.

The vocals are really nice, I'd say it's Gahans best work since the 90's! Sure there's some elements that suck, but Depeche will never release a new Violator/Songs of faith and devotion/Ultra (the big three ;-) album again, so gotta love it for what it is.

Gonna try Anna Ternheim on and see how she fits my style...:lol: