who got u involved in metal

PoolePaul said:
an old gfriend of mine...i was 12yo at the time..she was 14yo....she was heavy into maiden/sabbath/ozzy/thin lizzy/priest...used to go round hers and listen to that stuff....a friend from schools brother was listening to the same stuff around that time also...got into it..."borrowed" a copy of maidens piece of mind which i never returned..i even had a 6ft poster of justice for all, by the band i wont mention...parents said i would grow out of it soon...well...16years later...still listening to it....as does my 4yo son....constantly running around singin "your anti...your antisobal"...lol

that was the best experience for me though...growing up in the 80s and watching all these bands coming up...shame that metal has died recently, but on the good side...it seems to be coming back with bands like trivium(sorry that was a joke)

I got myself involved in metal. I only knew one guy who was into rock music and he was mostly into lame shit like Poison, Mötley and so on. But he also listenend to Accept, Metallica and Iron Maiden and I´m not sure why but I liked that stuff (I have always been into Depeche Mode and Pet Shop Boys etc.)

Anthrax "Persistence of time" and "Sound of white noise" is what really got me into metal.

My now husband!
I was hugely into hardcore/ thrash /cross over in the 80's, and was put off a lot of metal b/c of some of the operatic vocals and Bruce Dickinsons mullet! (pathetically girly I know!)
Have gained a greater appreciation/education in all things metal over the ten years together!

My bro and metallica. My bro received metallica master of puppets as a birthday present from his friend, and I saw the cd but never was much into music til 5th grade when I popped it in about half a year later and was blown away. I had never heard anything so heavy and cool sounding in all my life. I then decided I wanted to play guitar and so on. That album is still my fave ever I think, such good production and songwriting. James and Lars and cliff era metallica is some of the best songwriting in history. Cliff's masterpiece Orion especially.

Then I got heavily into Randy Rhoads era Ozzy, and a bunch of the classics and then I explored the more "unknown" bands. I downloaded a video of In Flames Pinball Map, and they got me into the heavier style vocals/guitars.

Sad to say, an I know your gonna hate me for this, but I used to be into wimp metal(Bon Jobbie an the like) then a guy from school I knew gave me Slayer's Hell Awaits on vinyl. Went home, put it on my stereo, listened to the whole album at least 20 times that day, then destroyed all evidence of wimp rock from my house. Next day after school I went to his house an raided his collection. Ive still got a few of those albums in my loft (if your reading this Gaz you aint gettin them back). After that its the usuall story, found more of the same kinda stuff myself, joined/formed bands, never got that elusive record contract, so just sit in my house listening to kick ass music.

my nieghbor had all of the cliff burton era metalica tapes and he gave them to me. my friends had started listening to them to i think around 7th grade then i got slayer south from heaven and i never listened to metalica ever again

I got into KISS, Zep, Nugent, Aerosmith with friends in the late 70s

and b4 that My Mom's 45's of Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis then Chuck Berry got me thinking about getting knuts