Within Temptation to release new Live DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/wi...ements-hydra-live-in-concert-dvd-blu-ray-2cd/

"Dutch symphonic rock band WITHIN TEMPTATION will release a new live DVD/Blu-ray/2CD, "Let Us Burn - Elements & Hydra Live In Concert", on November 14. The set features two of WITHIN TEMPTATION's most-talked-about arena shows ever. The two dates are 2012's resplendent 15th birthday "Elements" concert and the final night of the "Hydra" European arena tour at Amsterdam's Heineken Music Hall in May 2014.

When it comes to the live experience, WITHIN TEMPTATION's status is of a league extraordinaire. These two performances showcase every nuance of their fierce reputation plus stunning imagery and special FX, including even giant fire-breathing dragons!

'Let Us Burn - Elements & Hydra Live In Concert' will be released in four formats — DVD + 2CD, Blu-ray + 2CD, 2CD, and digital album. The DVD and Blu-ray contain 34 live audio visual tracks in HD, mixed in 5.1 Dolby Surround. The 2CD and digital album comprise 32 live audio tracks. The two shows have a running time total of approximately 170 minutes."

Just got them in the other day. Haven't been through all of it yet, but there are two full shows on the bluray disc, the Elements show which was filmed in 2012 and absolutely massive, and the recent Hydra show which wasn't as big overall but still incredible.

Comes with the 2-CDs of the shows as well.......video quality is excellent, but the audio could have been a bit better even though its still excellent. Just nit-picking.

Just when you thought this band couldn't get any bigger on stage, or do something different, this thing comes along. If you like WT, get this one and hold onto your seat......amazing.

And to think they play shitty little clubs when they come over here.... :err:

It's sad, but on the other hand they pack those clubs full of people so it would seem the fan base does exist here.

They played Royal Oak Music Theater which is a decent sized venue and the place was packed...It would seem they have do have a decent size following.

I'm holding out on buying the DVD with the hopes they will eventually release an expanded edition that includes all the songs from the concerts. I heard there were about 5 and 7 songs cut from each concert that didnt make the DVD which would be a shame.

I'm holding out on buying the DVD with the hopes they will eventually release an expanded edition that includes all the songs from the concerts. I heard there were about 5 and 7 songs cut from each concert that didnt make the DVD which would be a shame.

I wouldn't count on it. WT puts out a DVD after almost every single studio album, and it's not uncommon for them to have multiple "partial" concerts on them. You'd be better served scraping up the old DVDs to capture the additional songs.

They played Royal Oak Music Theater which is a decent sized venue and the place was packed...It would seem they have do have a decent size following.

Not gonna happen. There were some technical issues with a few songs and the others which were cut are because they are covers from the Q-Music sessions and they didn't want to pay the $ to have them included.

Got the Blu-Ray. It won't displace Black Symphony as one of the technically/visually/audibly finest concert discs ever: HD quality varies, and neither show was lit for a video production the way Black Symphony was; the video is a lot darker. One bad surprise: Audio options are Dolby Digital 2.0 and 5.1 - not Dolby HD, but lossy DVD-quality 192KHz and 448KHz, respectively. This is without a doubt a conscious decision that enabled having two full-length concerts on a single Blu-Ray disc. But LPCM stereo would have been nice.

Recommended, regardless. Excellent showmanship, and the Elements stage production is massive.

Got the Blu-Ray. It won't displace Black Symphony as one of the technically/visually/audibly finest concert discs ever: HD quality varies, and neither show was lit for a video production the way Black Symphony was; the video is a lot darker. One bad surprise: Audio options are Dolby Digital 2.0 and 5.1 - not Dolby HD, but lossy DVD-quality 192KHz and 448KHz, respectively. This is without a doubt a conscious decision that enabled having two full-length concerts on a single Blu-Ray disc. But LPCM stereo would have been nice.

Recommended, regardless. Excellent showmanship, and the Elements stage production is massive.

^^^^This....exactly what I said here...... http://www.pmrising.com/pm/viewtopic.php?t=9975

Totally agree with this ......good call.

Your dead on the money! Amazing show, but no where near the A/V quality of the Black Symphony! That is a shame. Lossy audio on a Bluray is quite unexpected, and very disappointing.