Wolverine - "Machina Viva"

Mar 1, 2011
Anyone who saw Wolverine in 2013, especially the acoustic set (as I did), will understand why this is such an anticipated album for me.

I can foresee this being very high in my top lists.

Reactions: Islandstone
http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site/news-wolverine-release-fifth-studio-album-machina-viva/

WOLVERINE To Release Fifth Studio Album ‘Machina Viva’ In July
April 21st, 2016
spacer.gif

Swedish progressive metal band Wolverine issue fifth full-length studio album Machina Viva on July 8th, 2016 through Sensory Records, a subsidiary of Laser’s Edge.

A trailer for the outing can be accessed below.

Machina Viva was recorded and produced by Wolverine in various locations throughout Sweden during the autumn and winter months of late 2015 and early 2016. Mixing was handled by Christian “Moschus” Moos at Spacelab Studio in Grefrath, Germany, with mastering being overseen by Bob Katz.

spacer.gif

wolverine_machinavivanews.jpg

The track listing is as follows;

01. ‘The Bedlam Overture’
02. ‘Machina’
03. ‘Pile Of Ash (ES335 version)’
04. ‘Our Last Goodbye’
05. ‘Pledge’
06. ‘When The Night Comes’
07. ‘Nemesis’
08. ‘Sheds’
09. ‘Pile Of Ash (cello version)’ (CD bonus track)

Wolverine’s line-up is as follows;

Stefan Zell (vocals)
Jonas Jonsson (guitar)
Thomas Jansson (bass)
Marcus Losbjer (drums)
Per Henriksson (keyboards)

Fourth studio record Communication Lost was released in May 2011 via Candlelight Records

If you haven't already preordered it, the entire Machina Viva album is $5.99 on iTunes.

Course, I paid $3 more on BandCamp for it. Granted, it includes a lossless copy of the music, so I can compress it however I want.

There is also a hi-rez verson on BandCamp for $15, for those who are into that sort of thing.

Reactions: 1000 Faces
Course, I paid $3 more on BandCamp for it. Granted, it includes a lossless copy of the music, so I can compress it however I want.

There is also a hi-rez verson on BandCamp for $15, for those who are into that sort of thing.

...Or you could party like it's 1999 and just buy the CD.

Reactions: Mooseknuckle
Machina Viva is such an upbeat, happy disc! Definitely a contender for top 10 so far. I've spun it a few times and it's certainly Wolverine, it's a great addition to the discography, and I can't wait to see them again next year when Glenn brings them back for 2017 ;)