WOW new T&N (Dokken) sounds amazing

Jan 27, 2012
Sounds better than 95% of newer metal bands. Ripper, Pinnik and Bach all sound great

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta disagree. The Dokken remakes are questionable. I think Vanden Plas do a better cover of "Kiss Of Death" than the original members...and Ripper sounds out of place on the track. Seb Bach singing Alone Again is decent but again not up to the bar that Don USED to set before he lost his voice.

The original tunes just sound like another mediocre modern Lynch Mob record with Jeff Pilson doing vocals instead.

And this coming from a HUGE classic Dokken fan.

If you think this sounds better than 95% of the newer Metal bands, than you must know absolutely nothing about the scene/genre.

This T& N release is kinda like a Sam Adams IPA, its okay, but its not up to the standards that have been set previous by other beers, errr...bands

This T& N release is kinda like a Sam Adams IPA, its okay, but its not up to the standards that have been set previous by other beers, errr...bands

I like that analogy! Especially as a fan of IPA's, and a person who has tried the Latitude 48 IPA! :kickass:

Dokken without Lynch is just hollow to me... and Vanden Plas' version of "Kiss of Death" rocks. When they performed it live with Don many years ago I am sure Don turned around on stage looking at VP and said, "I wonder why my band doesn't sound this good?":hotjump:

Here's the link for the video...was hopeing the whole CD would be as good as Empire but it's still solid. Love the production and the guitar solos are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta disagree. The Dokken remakes are questionable. I think Vanden Plas do a better cover of "Kiss Of Death" than the original members...and Ripper sounds out of place on the track. Seb Bach singing Alone Again is decent but again not up to the bar that Don USED to set before he lost his voice.

The original tunes just sound like another mediocre modern Lynch Mob record with Jeff Pilson doing vocals instead.

And this coming from a HUGE classic Dokken fan.

If you think this sounds better than 95% of the newer Metal bands, than you must know absolutely nothing about the scene/genre.

I had a long retort written for your personal attack on someone's knowledge you know nothing about. But I don't know you or care what you think, I stand by my opinion, 5% of what comes out is good, the rest average or below and the samples of this rank in that 5%. You can disagree with my assessment but don't get personal, you don't know me and I can assure you my knowledge of the genre rivals even the lofty heights you believe yourself to perch upon.

I had a long retort written for your personal attack on someone's knowledge you know nothing about. But I don't know you or care what you think, I stand by my opinion, 5% of what comes out is good, the rest average or below and the samples of this rank in that 5%. You can disagree with my assessment but don't get personal, you don't know me and I can assure you my knowledge of the genre rivals even the lofty heights you believe yourself to perch upon.

Nicely done.

Agreed.
I usually agree with most viewpoints of the Metal Madman, but found his comment uncalled for.
And that's coming from me!!!! LOL....

On topic, not that anyone cares what I think, but I just don't see the point of this.
I mean, DOKKEN still remains as a going concern in the industry.
Why don't all involved spend more time and energy on their own projects?

I mean, the demand for DOKKEN certainly does not warrant multiple variants of the band.

I'm going to take up for the Metal Madman. Granted, he could've been less personal in his words...play nice John! :p

With that said, listen to his show on Wednesday evenings and you'll see where he's coming from. Instead of saying you know absolutely nothing about the scene/genre, I think he means T&N know squat about making quality hard rock these days. I love Lynch, Pilson and Brown by the way. Taking into consideration the quality of musicians T&N are, they should be making better music, plain and simple. Most of the bands that the MM plays on his show could make better music than T&N while having the flu and being half asleep.

~Brian~

A personal attack would be calling you stupid, dumb, idiot etc. I simply stated an opinion based off your T&N comment.

I'd say grow some thicker skin but OH NO that would be a personal attack. *rolls eyes*

I'm going to take up for the Metal Madman. Granted, he could've been less personal in his words...play nice John! :p

With that said, listen to his show on Wednesday evenings and you'll see where he's coming from. Instead of saying you know absolutely nothing about the scene/genre, I think he means T&N know squat about making quality hard rock these days. I love Lynch, Pilson and Brown by the way. Taking into consideration the quality of musicians T&N are, they should be making better music, plain and simple. Most of the bands that the MM plays on his show could make better music than T&N while having the flu and being half asleep.

~Brian~

As always thanks for the support. As much of an asshole I guess I am because I'm always offending SOMEONE....I really do truly appreciate the support!

It's kind of like going to see a Motley Crue concert, and then being offended when you smell weed, or see a chick flashing her tits. :lol:

Here's the link for the video...was hopeing the whole CD would be as good as Empire but it's still solid. Love the production and the guitar solos are great.

Agreed...if the rest of the album keeps up with the pace of this song, then it will smoke! The solos, in this song anyway, rivals anything that Lynch can do. Impressive!

~Brian~