WTF are you listening to?

1330872915_cover.jpg

Holy shit. Just found this today. This is fucking ace.

Last edited by a moderator:

STARTS AT 1:22 (unless you want to hear some retarded bantering between the two)
but for real, one of the best vocal duos ever. crosby is just amazing. everyone needs to listen to this... sorrowful and sublime american folk music. no hippie bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been listening to a lot of Trespass lately (not really, but I've been replaying in my head pretty much note for note) and wondering why it never gets any love. It has that old-books-in-the-attic sort of magic I love about the band's early days, moving from majestic ("Stagnation" is definitely a prototype for "Firth of Fifth," and pretty close in terms of quality), pastoral ("Dusk," "Visions of Angels") and metal-as-fuckness ("THE KNIFE"). I think people discount it because it was another year before Collins and Hackett joined, but Anthony Phillips holds his own here. People forget he wrote all the heavy guitar parts in "The Knife," not Hackett. Would have been interesting to see where the band might have ended up had he stayed. Probably wouldn't have been that much different.