WUTHERING HEIGHTS - "Salt" - 2010

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
WUTHERING HEIGHTS – Salt – 2010
Management / Booking Worldwide: www.intromental.com

SALT_small.jpg

Quick sales facts:

• Fifth album from one of the most interesting bands to emerge on the international heavy metal scene in recent years
• Their strongest and most poetic effort to date
• Recorded in parts at Jailhouse Studios, Horses, Denmark by Tommy Hansen (Helloween TNT, Jorn) who also plays the Hammond organ
• A real must for every fan of Blind Guardian, Masterplan, Avantasia, Savatage, Skyclad, Symphony X, Falconer and Running Wild

Short biography:

Formed back in the beginning of the nineties, Wuthering Heights started to draw attention from the Denmark scene to the entire world. Their brilliant epos of majestic and symphonic speed power metal with progressive and folk roots became the trademark of their entire discography. Their previous albums were very well-received by fans and media worldwide and solidified Wuthering Heights' status as one of the most interesting bands to emerge on the international heavy metal scene in recent years. And finally, after 3 years of silence, time has come for the 5th album, ‘Salt’, to be released. Featuring the same line-up as seen on their last output ‘The Shadow Cabinet’, Erik Ravn and the boys have created an epic album which is undoubtedly their strongest to date. While writing its lyrics, Erik discovered that the imagery of the sea was a perfect setting for his dark tales of personal and global armageddon. And consequently the music has traded some of its celtic delicacy for the rawness of the sailor´s tunes. Never before the end of the world has sounded this uplifting.

Release dates:

Japan / Asia (through Marquee/Avalon): March 26 2010
Europe (through Scarlet Records): April 12 2010
North America (through Sensory Records): April 27 2010 *
* for North American customers the CD will also be made exclusively available through the Laser’s Edge online store from early April.

Special Promotion:

We have decided to give away a free MP3 of the song “The Desperate Poet” – the song can be downloaded from:
http://www.wuthering-heights.dk/sounds/the_desperate_poet.mp3

Tracklist:

• Away!
• The Desperate Poet
• The Mad Sailor
• The Last Tribe (Mother Earth)
• Tears
• Weather The Storm
• The Field
• Water Of Life
• Lost At Sea
• Sympathy - Uriah Heep cover tune, Japan exclusive bonus track

Discography:

2010 - Salt
2006 - The Shadow Cabinet
2003 - Far From The Madding Crowd
2002 - To Travel For Evermore
1999 - Within

Line-up:

Erik Ravn - guitar, bass, keyboards, mandolin, backing vocals
Nils Patrik Johansson – vocals
Martin Arendal – guitar
Teddy Möller – bass
Andreas Lindahl – keyboards
Morten Gade Sørensen – drums

Websites:
www.wuthering-heights.dk
www.myspace.com/wutheringheightsofficial

The new song is excellent. When he goes into the more pure/broadway-operatic vocals, Nils is just... incredible... in a most unexpected way.

This might be the best song I've ever heard from them. I don't want to wait to April.

The bass player, what's his name again? Rubeus Hagrid or something? He sucks.

Speaking of Nils Patrik Johansson, I just found out that he is also in a band called Space Odessy. Does anyone know anything about these guys?

Yeah, NPJ sang on the first 2 Space Odyssey albums - it's Richard Andersson from Majestic/Time Requiem's side project. It's kind of like Malmsteen on speed :)

c.

Thanks for the info. Gonna have to check this out, I've yet to hear anything that Nils has sung that I haven't loved.

Yeah, NPJ sang on the first 2 Space Odyssey albums - it's Richard Andersson from Majestic/Time Requiem's side project. It's kind of like Malmsteen on speed :)

c.

I often describe Time Requiem/anything Richard Andersson has done as: "Imagine if Yngwie played keyboards".

Really, really looking forward to the Wuthering Heights record. Probably one of my top half dozen or ten most anticipated releases for the year, and for this year that actually means a lot.