X Japan Announces Headline Show in New York

In a horrible coincidence, I'm the maid of honor in a Japanese wedding and THAT'S HER BRIDAL SHOWER DATE.

I was at the last show in NYC and it was life changing.

I will be struggling not to cry when I'm not there, this time.

Admittedly, whenever I'd see "X Japan" in the title of a thread, I assumed the story had to do with a former member of the band Japan. Given I've never heard of the band Japan, I never bothered checking out one of these threads. In hindsight, I suppose this would have been written out ex-Japan. Needless to say, this is not a band on my radar. And if they're (A) not on my radar AND (B) Milt likes them, I can only assume they're not very good. :loco:

Anyone who says the song below isn't good does not like music.

One of the greatest metal songs ever written. Period.

Yes, it's 30 minutes long. Yes, it's worth it. The piano part in the middle is absolutely beautiful.

PS. They sold out a 55,000 capacity venue (Tokyo Dome) 15 times in the last 20 years or so and sold more than 20 million records. Zod can suck it. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's 30 minutes long. Yes, it's worth it. The piano part in the middle is absolutely beautiful.
I gave it a shot, but I'm not even sure I see the appeal. It's OK. It's not awful. But I don't understand the love.

PS. They sold out a 55,000 capacity venue (Tokyo Dome) 15 times in the last 20 years or so and sold more than 20 million records. Zod can suck it. :lol:
Well hey, you and 55,000 screaming Japanese girls can't possible be wrong. :heh:

In all seriousness, I hope the show is as good as you're anticipating.

As a side note, after seeing this image, you've lost the right to make fun of Manowar in loin cloths. Good lord... it looks Flock of Seagulls roofied Pokemon.

XJapan.png