X-JAPAN REUNION!! WOOHOO!!!:) Repost from Myspace

Dominick_7

Sep 5, 2006
Jo mamas' land..
www.myspace.com
X-JAPAN REUNION Debut Single Entitled: "I.V."

THIS ONE YOU CAN SEE CLOSER AND HEAR OK ENOUGH:

THIS ONE YOU CAN HEAR THE SONG BETTER:

This show JUST happened on Oct 22nd 2007 w 10,000 in attendance. I don't know if people here would either know about them or care, but I thought I'd repost what I had from a Myspace bulletin I put up yesterday anyways.

I've been a fan since the early 90s and am SO excited about their reunion! Lord willing, I can FINALLY see them play live in the states!

For anyone who are not familiar with them, many American audiences were first introduced to X-Japan through the Anime movie called "X", from the song Forever Love which they played in the ending credits of the movie. This new song debut single "I.V." which they filmed on a roof top for the music video (I don't think what you heard is the final mix) will debut in America in the upcoming movie SAW 4 which I believe is opening in theaters TOMORROW, the 26th of October. I don't know if it will be the theme song or in the credits yet, but I guess we'll find out soon when the movie comes out.

Their style ranges from Jpop, to Punk, to Power Metal, to Progressive Metal, to Epic Metal, To Heavy Metal, to Industrial, to Classical, to Acid/Trance, to Power Ballads, to Music Box, to Acoustic, to Harp music, to Soundtrack, to Anime Soundtrack, etc...These guys are utterly unique, musical giants, who rival bands like the Beatles, U2, and the Rolling Stones in terms of worldwide impact and popularity.

They virtually pioneered Visual Kei, heavily influenced the jRock/jPop scene, and have greatly impacted so many people, from musicians to music listeners and artists around the world. They have so many amazing songs, like Art of Life ( their 30 minute progressive masterpiece), Silent Jealousy, Dahlia, Rose of Pain (Progressive), Kurenai, Forever Love, X, Tears, Voiceless Screaming, Rusty Nail, Endless Rain, Drain, Say Anything, Love Replica (French Experimental/Atmospheric), Longing, Blue Blood, White Wind From Mr Martin, The Last Song etc..

You can check out more of their stuff at youtube and or my Myspace Profile (www dot myspace dot com slash dominick_7) to see some of their classics. If you haven't heard of them before I hope you enjoy it for the first time, because most people like myself would describe it as a life impacting experience. If this new song does nothing for you, check out the link I posted for Art of Life above and THEN see what you think of them after that. If you have been a fan of theirs for a while I hope you're as excited as I am about the reunion along with a new single coming out, a new CD soon on the vanguard, and a tour in a year from now!

I doubt it would happen but I would love to see my two most favorite bands/musicians X-Japan and Andre Matos Headlining in 08!

2 Examples of Past Songs:

Art of Life (Part 1 of 4, a 30 minute Progressive Masterpiece): If you watch all 30 minutes which I have posted at my Myspace, maybe you can guess the classical parts in the composition and solos later on.

Dahlia (Jrock? Music Video):

Last edited by a moderator:
X are way outside the scope of the festival both in terms of size and genre, but I'm very excited that they're back together. The new song sounds a little different for them, but still very good. I hope the reunion tour comes through the US.

X are way outside the scope of the festival both in terms of size and genre, but I'm very excited that they're back together. The new song sounds a little different for them, but still very good. I hope the reunion tour comes through the US.

Hey doodz. Yea I figured X-Japan would not fit for some reason or another..though they have a LOT of metal, power metal, some Progressive metal, and Jrock that could fit, they also do have quite a few ballads and other kinds of music that wouldn't fit as well. Yea the new stuff is a bit different, but the soul is still there, even though part of it died with Hides passing. I like the new sound quite a bit, and anxiously looking forward to what the whole album will sound like. If the tour comes to the US, which I hope and have reason to believe it may actually do so, it will probably start in Cali, so lucky you!:) I figure if more Jrock bands have been touring major US tours like Family Values, Yoshiki lives in California, S.K.I.N, being (one of) Yoshikis' other band(s) w Jrock Superstars in it debuted in California, and the new X-Japan song is being debuted in SAW 4 tomorrow, I hope this trend continues like you said. Good to see you're up fellow night owl dood:)

I'm pretty sure the X song is only in the Japanese release of SAW IV...either that, or it just isn't included on the American soundtrack. Regardless, I enjoyed the brief clip of the song that I heard, and am looking forward to hearing more from them soon. Very excited about the fact that I may actually get to see them live someday soon...never thought that would happen.

:worship: words cannot express how happy I am that this band is back. They actually were scheduled to do a show in Long Beach, CA at an Anime convention earlier this year. Tickets sold out VERY fast so I am glad this video is out. :headbang:

X-Japan!!! :worship: :worship: I will pay hundreds of dollars to see this band live!
"I.V." sounds GREAT!! I definitely think they would fit at ProgPower, are you kidding! It would be
a little different, but not "out of the question" I don't think. People would come from all across the
country for X-Japan alone - I can name 30 people off the top of my head who would pay the PP ticket
price if X-Japan were the headliners.

A girl can dream....

I'm pretty sure the X song is only in the Japanese release of SAW IV...either that, or it just isn't included on the American soundtrack. Regardless, I enjoyed the brief clip of the song that I heard, and am looking forward to hearing more from them soon. Very excited about the fact that I may actually get to see them live someday soon...never thought that would happen.

This what I found on Wikipedia:

"Ending Theme

Rumors of Japanese metal band X Japan doing the ending theme have been circulating due to the Saw IV production notes found on the Lionsgate Publicity team website [1]. However, on October 19, JRock Revolution, a North American Japanese rock festival, announced that X Japan will perform the closing credits theme for the movie. The song is called "I.V." A sample of the song can be heard on on the JRock Revolution website by clicking the following link. The song will not be on the final tracklisting. Instead, it will be released as a single in the future at a later date".

http://www.jrockrevolution.com/v/saw_xjapan/XJapanSmall.swf

This would kinda make sense since this was a later development, YET my friend from Japan also told me that it was supposed to be the theme song....So I'm not ENTIRELY clear on the X-Japan songs relationship the movie, I at least now I get why the song is called I.V. not just for Saw IV but also standing for ivy, the plant that symbolizes eternal love, friendship, and immortality.

:worship: words cannot express how happy I am that this band is back. They actually were scheduled to do a show in Long Beach, CA at an Anime convention earlier this year. Tickets sold out VERY fast so I am glad this video is out. :headbang:

I feel the same way! I am SO excited about this! I know of no other band that has touched me like this band..Yea I heard a rumor about that show, but I think that most likely that was reported based on a confusion between Yoshikis band S.K.I.N w top Jrock artists like Gackt, Miyavi, etc wo DID debut in Cali not too long ago this summer, and X-Japan. Yoshiki announced in one of the videos in that show that their touring would begin in Japan. I wonder how many people actually have heard of them and/or heard them as well in the US alone. Hopefully their SAW IV debut will help that.

MAN I really want someone to post the song at Myspace so I can use I.V. as my profile song!:) I can't tell you how many times I have heard I.V. since the video and song clips have been released!:)

X-Japan!!! :worship: :worship: I will pay hundreds of dollars to see this band live!
"I.V." sounds GREAT!! I definitely think they would fit at ProgPower, are you kidding! It would be
a little different, but not "out of the question" I don't think. People would come from all across the
country for X-Japan alone - I can name 30 people off the top of my head who would pay the PP ticket
price if X-Japan were the headliners.

A girl can dream....

If I had hundreds of dollars I would as well! Man I wish I could even go to Japan to see them and follow them through whole tour if possible!:) I agree with your thinking that they could fit in at ProgPower, but the thing I would wonder about is how much in demand they would be from Progressive/Power metal fans in the US. I know some people who LOVE X-Japan, but I don't think I know THAT many in the US who even know about them. I usually have to explain who they are to people here, but I LOVE doing that so that's ok:)

These guys are SO unique..so much so that while someone like my mom does NOT like metal, I was surprised to see she actually seems to love X-Japan. I think theres always something in X-Japan for almost anyone. It's so great to know there are some X-Japan fans in here!:) I actually wasn't expecting anyone from here to post a reply so even these responses surprised me. Anyone else like X-Japan and or would love to see them at Progpower in 08?

I think X Japan would be fucking great for PPUSA. They're a very diverse band. Considering Sonata Arctica's setlist this past year I don't think hearing a few X Japan ballads live would kill anyone.

I think X Japan would be fucking great for PPUSA. They're a very diverse band. Considering Sonata Arctica's setlist this past year I don't think hearing a few X Japan ballads live would kill anyone.

It's been a hobby of mine to keep up on who has ever done an X-Japan cover, and will go to youtube now and then to see who has posted a video on it..It seems lots of unknown and quite a few known bands, including bands in the genres of Prog/Power Metal have covered X-Japan tunes not excluding, Cellador, Dragonsland, Sonata Arctica as you mentioned, to name a few that come to mind. That should say something to how X-Japan may be able to fit within a Progpower fest.

Couldn't agree more! So Sonata played a lot of ballads this past year huh? Did Sonata play any X-Japan at this last ProgPower, which I regrettably missed this year?

Anyone confirm that saw 4 plays x japan's song!?
I really love X Japan. They made me start listening to music!! and start playing music!!
Every song just touches me..
But the new song didnt seem to be as good as the old one tho...
Anyone know will they tour to Los Angeles!?

I've been a fan of X-Japan since a hosted a Japanese exchange student at my house. I went to Japan last year, and boughts myself a pile of X-Japan merch, I'd kill to see their live show. I also think they would fit the ProgPower festival very well, they have many ballads but they also have a huge amount of power/speed metal anthems that would absolutely leave people reeling.

KURENAAAAAAIII!!!

It was very, very strange to hear X-Japan over the closing credits of "Saw IV." It was a pretty cool song. I have to give the "Saw" people a lot of credit for featuring a little known band (as far as the US market is concerned) instead of some long in the tooth nu-metal or Nickelback clone.

Sweet so the reports were right, it made it to the ending credits but not the soundtrack. Man if it made it on the Soundtrack I think that exposure would have helped them a lot..but do I necessarily want that? Would that high quality music have matched what was on the soundtrack? I dunno what's on the soundtrack but I'm sure much or most of it if heavy would have been Nu Metal or Alternative..Glad to see quite a few X-Japan fans. I agree w Elementman. HideHide, your name was a pretty obvious clue you're an X-Japan fan:) The only one that has been officially announced was the one for next Spring in Japan. If you check yoshikis page or even more so Jrockrevolutions website or Myspace http://www.myspace.com/jrrevolution you can get the details on everything. Thanks for the update Ruthven:) We are X!

X-JAPAN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they ever would play at ProgPower it would be soooo fantastic. Glenn, you better book 'em!

c.

PS: Oh, I gotta comment on this - I saw "Element Man" had named his band "ELDGAMMEL", hahahaha - tha'ts so freakin' awesome. I'm guessing that you wanted to call it "Ancient" but in Nordic language, right? Well, it doesn't really mean that, it's more like "really really old dude", hehe ... thanks for the best laugh this morning :)