Xystus Rock Opera

FlashX

Sep 10, 2007
Gig Harbor, WA USA
Know anything about the Rock Opera Equilibrio by Xystus and USConcert? It looks like there is going to be a CD released... any plans to stock it?

Thanks,
Steve

I haven't heard anything about the rock opera. I hope that the music is as good as on "Receiving Tomorrow". I was a bit disappointed with their 2007 follow up, "Surreal".

Ken, I thought Surreal was solid enough... but did not show much progression from their first cd. I'd love for Xystus to take the kind of leap forward that Tomorrow's Eve did between their second and third cds, or Suspyre did between their first and second.

I'm anxious to get my hands on a copy of this one (I've been listening to the samples on Xystus' site)... any word from the record label? The band states that they are currently looking for distributors to get the album out there so I don't imagine it will be hard to get copies... but what do I know...

Thanks,
Steve

Steve:

You are in contact with the label right now. :)

We have just signed Xystus to Sensory for the North American release of Equilibrio. The official street date will be September 30th but we'll certainly have it for sale a bit earlier. The band self-released copies in a metal box. At the moment Ivo is coming up with a new design for us that will be housed in a digipak. Its possible we'll bring in some copies of the metal box to sell but nothing has been finalized.

A more formal announcement and details will follow soon.

Ken Golden

That's fantastic news! Congrats on signing them...

Ok Sept 30 seems like forever to wait!!! I guess I'll have to place an order for their first couple discs to hold me over until then. :) I'll keep my eyes peeled in case the black box finds its way over to you sooner...

-Steve