Yo! Laser's Edge...can you get this?

Ken,
Are you going to stock the 4 disc deluxe edition of the new Pineapple Thief or is it exclusive to K-Scope?
Thanks.

So....new 180-gram Genesis vinyl reissues. I may have to finally break down and buy a turntable. They look to be non-US though(becausr turning your back on a market of 300 million + is good busness sense, I guess :erk:). Ken, do you know anything about these?

So....new 180-gram Genesis vinyl reissues. I may have to finally break down and buy a turntable. They look to be non-US though(becausr turning your back on a market of 300 million + is good busness sense, I guess :erk:). Ken, do you know anything about these?
Yes. They are fresh pressings of the Nick Davis remixes. Why anyone would want to buy these I have no idea. You can find near mint copies with the original mixes in any quality used record store for next to nothing.

You should own a turntable anyway.

You should own a turntable anyway.

I ask this with 100% sincerity and 0% sarcasm- why? It's like the whiskey ads where we have come full circle, from vinyl to tape to CD to digital hi res, and now back to vinyl. What would I get out of vinyl? Is it better now than in its heyday 40 years ago? I don't miss pops and skips, etc.

I ask this with 100% sincerity and 0% sarcasm- why? It's like the whiskey ads where we have come full circle, from vinyl to tape to CD to digital hi res, and now back to vinyl. What would I get out of vinyl? Is it better now than in its heyday 40 years ago? I don't miss pops and skips, etc.
Because it sounds better plain and simple.

If you don't hear it then its because you probably never heard what quality vinyl on a great turntable sounds like...or your system isn't advanced enough to discern the difference. That answer isn't meant to be snarky.

The annoying pops and clicks are still there. Buy new or well cared for used vinyl. Use a quality record cleaner. This eliminates some of the issues.

With a properly set up system the difference between digital and vinyl is obvious. I'm using state of the art equipment and while my digital sounds phenomenal the vinyl sounds even better. I could easily live with just my digital system but I've heard the alternative and there is no going back.

I have a number of regular customers that are transitioning back to vinyl.

One thing I will say - if all you listen to is metal then stick with digital. The production is so poor, and the compression so hard the difference between formats will be minimal. On the other hand if you listen to a wide range of music - jazz, classical, rock, etc where production and sound reproduction values are attended to properly the sonic difference is astounding.

(the pops and clicks will still be there)

I have other thoughts on the subject reserved for a future conversation.

Because it sounds better plain and simple.

If you don't hear it then its because you probably never heard what quality vinyl on a great turntable sounds like...or your system isn't advanced enough to discern the difference. That answer isn't meant to be snarky.

The annoying pops and clicks are still there. Buy new or well cared for used vinyl. Use a quality record cleaner. This eliminates some of the issues.

With a properly set up system the difference between digital and vinyl is obvious. I'm using state of the art equipment and while my digital sounds phenomenal the vinyl sounds even better. I could easily live with just my digital system but I've heard the alternative and there is no going back.

I have a number of regular customers that are transitioning back to vinyl.

One thing I will say - if all you listen to is metal then stick with digital. The production is so poor, and the compression so hard the difference between formats will be minimal. On the other hand if you listen to a wide range of music - jazz, classical, rock, etc where production and sound reproduction values are attended to properly the sonic difference is astounding.

(the pops and clicks will still be there)

I have other thoughts on the subject reserved for a future conversation.

I guess you told him !!!!

I guess you told him !!!!
Chris has been a customer forever. He knows I say what's on my mind - sometimes diplomatically. I'm sure he takes no offense by my response.

I eat, breathe, and sleep CDs every day but vinyl has been my passion since I'm 15 years old. The resurgence of interest in vinyl has been energizing. I love it when I get old customers all of a sudden start to order vinyl - or if we pick up a new young customer who is just discovering the magic that is locked in the grooves.

If you deny it you are missing out on something special. YMMV.

Chris has been a customer forever. He knows I say what's on my mind - sometimes diplomatically. I'm sure he takes no offense by my response.

I eat, breathe, and sleep CDs every day but vinyl has been my passion since I'm 15 years old. The resurgence of interest in vinyl has been energizing. I love it when I get old customers all of a sudden start to order vinyl - or if we pick up a new young customer who is just discovering the magic that is locked in the grooves.

If you deny it you are missing out on something special. YMMV.

I meant no disrespect to you or Chris... I was just reacting to how you stated your answer to Chris..in detail. I dont have anything against Vinyle..Its that I have so much invested in cd's..Sorry guys...

Yeah, vinyl is not for every genre. You could say the same for the 24bits/96khz stuff. However, the differences sometimes are noticeable. Most obvious I can think of are the HDTrack versions of Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn of Events, and the self-titled album. Mangini's cymbal work is more noticeable in both HDTrack versions. But you can't fix the snare sound on those.

@Chris - You should also check out antique stores and the likes. I saw a couple of original Genesis pressings in top notch condition for like 3 bucks.

I'm sticking with vinyls mostly for instrumental music (God is an Astronaut, Stick Men, etc). I'll be the first to admit that the rock vinyls that I have bought are most for collecting and signing purposes when I try to meet the bands in concerts that I go to.

I understand Ken but I am not into Vinyl at all. Cd's for me!
I do not like the pops and clicks and to be honest with you , my hearing is not what it was years ago!