You guys might like this

Great song.
Very similar to the old SX style and the voice is strikingly similar to that of Russell Allen.

Mindwarp Chamber, annotated.

Cloning one of the best bands of our time wouldnt be a bad thing, with that said thats the only song on our CD which has a SX vibe. The rest of the songs on the CD all have a different feel from each other, listen to the song On The Mend on our myspace, its the song that we put on the ProgPower sampler last year.

www.myspace.com/mindwarpchambermusic

I'd say the vox are somewhere between Ripper Owens and Russ at times :)

Very good song, and it's not a Sym X clone.

Im glad to hear your other music has variance.

On the other subject influence is one thing, others like the song you posted are way to close for my beliefs on origionality, which admittedly is very hard in recent decades

It's awesome that you guys are from Chicago - there's like no good metal coming out of this area! I like the song, has some Symphony X influence but I also hear some Adagio in there, musically.

It's pretty okay, but I think I'll need to listen to a high quality MP3 or disc version or something, because my biggest problem with this song is in the mixing.

And keyboards could have had a much more interesting sound.

The keyboard is actually prominent in creating atmosphere to the sound? Dualing guitar/key passages?

Unfortunately, SyX doesn't make music like this anymore...

Big time old-school Symphony X vibe to your stuff... Not a clone though. Though I think you should add a little bit more of your own style in there maybe. Still... I will be waiting for more from you guys! \m/ You rock!

Damn, here I was thinking that I was stealing from Yngwie and Andrew LLoyd Weber while writing some of those riffs. Anyone hear the "On Broadway" part? That is straight up cloning.

Dang, thanks man! I'm glad ya dig the stuff. Mountain Dew + Practicing + Idolizing Symphony X can make anyone good. Its crazy watching youtube, everyone and their mom can shred now.

Yes. But there aren't more people actually writing good stuff than there were decades ago, sadly.

Nice track - maybe even a touch of Evergrey about it?
I liked On The Mend too, reminded me of Shadow Gallery.