Your favorite comedians past and present?

Too many to name in the past....

However, Daniel Tosh (specifically his stand-up) is by far my #1 at the moment. Stephen Lynch follows.

Nick Swardsen is another fave that many may not have heard:

Last edited by a moderator:
Carlin
Pryor
Rodney

Present? I know I will get slammed for this, but Chelsea Handler has one of the quickest tongues in the business.
(And no, that is in no way a sexual comment!!!!)

These are just some I remember watching...these days I'm not into stand up comedy cause its all the same to me. I have more interest in comedian musicians today

Past: Carlin

Present: Patton Oswalt, Jim Gaffigan, Daniel Tosh

Someone mentioned Charlie Murphy - does he REALLY do stand up? I always thought of him as an obscure actor made famous from Chappelle's Show and The Boondocks. He's hilarious in both of those shows, and I always wanted him to do a buddy cop/Blacksploitation flick with Samuel L. Jackson, but I don't think think I've ever seen him do stand up.

I'm a massive Carlin fan.

Also a huge fan of Gilbert Gottfried.

A guy who I didn't give a chance but later realized how fucking brilliant he is is Bo Burnham. I have to watch him with closed captions on to catch everything.

I have Bo Burnhams cd/dvd and that kid is brilliant! Not sure what happened to him?

Past: Carlin

Present: Patton Oswalt, Jim Gaffigan, Daniel Tosh

Someone mentioned Charlie Murphy - does he REALLY do stand up? I always thought of him as an obscure actor made famous from Chappelle's Show and The Boondocks. He's hilarious in both of those shows, and I always wanted him to do a buddy cop/Blacksploitation flick with Samuel L. Jackson, but I don't think think I've ever seen him do stand up.

Charlie Murphy does do stand up, and act as well...but if you really want to get extreme...as well as old school...take it to the next level and go with one of my fave...Paul Mooney!

Rock on!

Every "favorite" comedian I ever have ends up dead. George Carlin, Richard Jeni, Bill Hicks... even Ray Combs, my favorite game show host of all time, died way before his time.

I don't know if I should say so, for fear of endangering his life, but my current favorite comic is Louis C.K. Some other longtime favorites are Penn Jillette, Craig Ferguson, Chris Hardwick, Gilbert Gottfried, Jimmy Pardo, Demetri Martin, Tom Shillue, Brian Posehn, Bonnie MacFarlane, and the oft-aforementioned Jim Gaffigan, Patton Oswalt, Brian Regan, and Lewis Black. Some newer ones I've been listening to are Amy Schumer, T.J. Miller, and Kumail Nanjiani.

EDIT: How can I forget Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope?

Classic? George Carlin, Richard Pryor, David Steinberg, Jonathan Winters, Freddie Prinze to name just a few.

Modern? Big fan of John Pinette (i can relate well to fat guy comedy!), Josh Sneed, Steven Lynch, Jon Caparullo, Reno Collier, and a whole bunch more i cant remember right now.

Present - Jim Norton; Dave Chapelle

Past - Carlin, Kinnison, Hicks, Newhart,Winters, Cosby, Fox, Pryor, Rickles, Hackett....Old school in my comedy, too. :)

George Carlin goes without saying, pretty much.

Tim Minchin is fucking hilarious. Also very fond of Billy Connolly. Stephen Lynch is great about 50% of the time.

Past- Mitch Hedberg, Rodney Dangerfield

Present- John Caparulo, Kevin James (I love "Sweat the Small Stuff")

Past: Bill Dana, George Carlin, Redd Foxx, Tim Conway

Present: Stephen Lynch(thanks Glenn), Gabriel Iglesias, Ron White

One of Gabriel's best:

The funniest comedy skit ever:

The best of British Comedy: Mrs Brown's Bozz

Past: I have grown to love Carlin. Richard Pryor (I was exposed to him when a classmate brought in his record in Third Grade), Foxx, Cosby and Pat Cooper

Present: The Blue Collar Gang (Foxworthy, White, Engvall, and Larry the Cable Guy.

For those of you who are not familiar with Pat Cooper: