Your favorite metal Christmas covers...

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
I listen to this song year-round actually. It's in constant rotation on iTunes on my work computer.

And of course Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12-24 which is a take on my other Christmas favorite… Carol of the Bells. I don't know the details, but wasn't this song the gave rise to TSO? I don't remember a TSO before this song, but a couple of years later after the song became a radio station staple at Christmas time, I seem to recall the birth of TSO. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of posting that song too, but didn't since it's not a cover. It's definitely my favorite metal christmas song of all time haha!

edit: I'm gonna leave this here

Probably my favorite from last year. Orion's Reign along with Marit Børresen and Pellek:

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

A couple of weeks ago I was in a local TigerDirect buying a power supply. You know how they usually have a TV blasting or a stereo with some crappy music on it. I realized that they had metal on it. I got closer and could hear it clearly and realized it was Christmas music. Somebody on FB suggested it was August Burns Red. It sounds pretty damn good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXC0WD6agnk&list=PLp21Z6OlpTSt7i40zHll8tIxF-DhF5oNi

Before Dream Theater gave Charlie Dominici the boot, they recorded an excellent cover of "O Holy Night." They recorded a version with LaBrie as well. I personally enjoy both versions.

With Dominici:

With LaBrie:

Speaking of August Burns Red, I heard their cover of "Carole of the Bells" this season and really enjoyed it. It sounded to me like something that Powerglove would have recorded. It's too bad that their regular material is ruined by the vocalist.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert