Your Guilty Listening Pleasures

PatrickHoyt

The Darkitecht
Jun 3, 2007
Daytona, Florida
ok...for those of you that aren't ashamed to think outside the box of metal and actually listen to other music what other music/musicians/bands do you enjoy or catch yourself actually liking when you hear it/them?

honestly...I shit you not

Katy Perry, not only is she beautiful but the girl actually has talent unlike some of those other pop stars out there. I can appreciate her stuff...

*dodges flying objects*

From my last.fm in the last 7 days:

2 Feist
3 Shiny Toy Guns
4 Lady GaGa
5 Lily Allen
6 The Prodigy
6 Alesha Dixon
6 Flo Rida
9 A. R. Rahman and The Pussycat Dolls Ft Nicole Scherzinger
9 James Morrison
9 Akon
9 Shontelle
13 The Saturdays
13 September
13 Lady Sovereign

Honestly not a big fan of most of this stuff except the first 2 but I do like Flo Rida's Right Round, most of what I've heard of Rihanna except Umbrella, a little Lady Gaga, and Lily Allen latest singles.

Devil Doll.... If I had to describe Devil Doll, I would describe the music as the soundtrack of a journey through a deranged persons mind.... There is an occasional rock element here and there but overall the music is symphonic orchestra with schitzoid vocals.... Brilliant stuff!!!!

Devil Doll.... If I had to describe Devil Doll, I would describe the music as the soundtrack of a journey through a deranged persons mind.... There is an occasional rock element here and there but overall the music is symphonic orchestra with schitzoid vocals.... Brilliant stuff!!!!

Great to see another Devil Doll fan, they were truly remakable and Sacrilege of Fatal arms is one of the greatest musical experiences i have ever come across!!

From my last.fm in the last 7 days:
Honestly not a big fan of most of this stuff except the first 2 but I do like Flo Rida's Right Round, most of what I've heard of Rihanna except Umbrella, a little Lady Gaga, and Lily Allen latest singles.

Sadly, Flo Rida's version is probably as good as or better than Dead or Alive's version back in the 80's. Different take on the same song gives it a new perspective. (Actually DoA's version is called You Spin Me Round).

Nothing guilty about it. In the 80's, I liked all the metal bands, but was also a Bangles fan. Music is music. I won't usually buy an album from a radio band I like, but there are a few that really grab me. Lately:

The Killers
The Offspring
Kings of Leon (LOVE "Sex is on Fire")

Wife is a big Nickelback fan, and I like most of their work, as repepitive as it is.

In the past it's been The Gin Blossoms and Soul Asylum, and I'm a huge Eagles fan as well.

I see nothing wrong with enjoying music that isn't metal, but there's no doubt where my true loyalties lie.

Steve in Philly

I know I've answered something like this before, but I'm secure in my Progpower family to still accept me:

Maroon 5 (I know, I know - I'm a disgrace to the metal community). I just can't help it though, I love their stuff.

Sadly, Flo Rida's version is probably as good as or better than Dead or Alive's version back in the 80's. Different take on the same song gives it a new perspective. (Actually DoA's version is called You Spin Me Round).

Yeah, the fact that it samples the song is a big reason why I like it. It's far better than his other really popular single, Low.

______
And people consider Muse a guilty pleasure? It's good prog rock. C'mon now. Their upcoming album is probably one of the few I'm really looking forward to this year.

I have to add this, because I just can't help myself. 99.9% of rap music is a total joke to me. With that said, I find a select few of the older artists fun to listen to such as: Run DMC and the Beastie Boys. I had a soft spot for both of these ever since I was a kid. :)

~Brian~

Great to see another Devil Doll fan, they were truly remakable and Sacrilege of Fatal arms is one of the greatest musical experiences i have ever come across!!

Oddly enough, I was just listening to Sacrilege of Fatal Arms the other night.... I would rate it as my 2nd favorite Devil Doll album after The Girl Who Was... Death. It's too bad that we may never hear new Devil Doll material again....

I love Loreena McKinnett. Her stuff is so amazing. If you're into the celtic stuff, you should check out Wolfstone too.

I like to listen to the radio occasionally, there's some good hard rock and pop I like. I won't deny it. Katy Perry is super-fun. Also, I love Disturbed.