Your top 10 thrash albums of all-time

I don't think anybody else would suit Megadeth as well as Dave. I like his voice, he has a great snarl happening. And how could anybody possibly bag his voice but not Tom Araya's? He has the worst, most irritating, annoying voice in the world!

And that leads me to my next comment. Yep I do think Slayer are overrated, boring and repetitive.

:)

I agree with you comments about thrash actually, but saying so would have been boring and repetitive.

Probably, I used to have that Slaytanic Werhmacht or whatever one years ago that my sister bought me. I like Show No Mercy, that album rocks. Because its their first it isn't boring or repetitive yet. Hahaha! I also like some of Seasons In The Abyss.

I happen to think Reign In Blood is the most overrated metal album ever though..

Spiff, I agree with your comment about most thrash bands being boring and repetitive too heheh. Megadeth are definitely the standout for me.

Ah yeah, that's the one. :)

Thrash gigs fucking rule though! Three of the best gigs I've been to were Megadeth and Slayer in 2001, and The Haunted this year. It's the perfect style for headbanging, (fast!) air guitar etc. :headbang:

Yep Reign In Blood is the same thing over and over and over with no variation. Raining Blood and the slow breakdown part of Angel Of Death are the 2 highlights... the rest all sounds the same. Seasons is way better but also has lots of boring moments too imo.

Slayer are the most overrated band in the thrash world, by far. BUT, they have made some killer songs, two great albums(show no mercy and Seaons in the abyss) and one just good one(reign in blood...it's good, but it gets old fast). That s it, as far as Slayer goes. As for thrash in general, it's one of my favorite metal genres. I'm a big fan. I find it to be one of the more intense and energizing forms of metal (and music, in general) out there. Yes, some bands can be boring and/or repetitive(see: Slayer, Annihilator, Forbidden, Nuclear Assault, Destruction), but when it's done right, it's great! (see: old Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Overkill, Coroner, Kreator, Celtic Frost,though they've slipped a couple times and Testament, again, they've slipped now and then as well, but overall, very good).

Southy said:
indeed !:headbang:..but Slayer wasn't repetitve on GHUA thats why that album !:headbang:
hmmm....i dunno..i got bored of that album faster than i did with Reign In Blood. I cannot STAND "Bloodline", Annoying song...Tom should NEVER try to sing again!!!!!

my list goes something like this:
Sabbat - Dreamweaver and HOATC
Exodus - Bonded by blood
Kreator - Endless pain, pleasure to kill
Dark Angel, Perish in flames
Tankard - Zombie attack, The morning after
Assassin - The upcoming terror
Destruction - mad butcher, cracked brain

etc....