Zak Stevens

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I got this email from Circle II Circle's publicist. I will have to get some help from you guys, I'm a fan but I can't say that I'm as hardcore as some of you. What to ask, what to ask....

Hey Ruben,
Burden Of Truth by Circle II Circle, released 10/10 worldwide by Locomotive, is an intelligently crafted hard rock record with a Da Vinci Code-type concept. What if you found out, after carefully researching a secret society, that you were the direct descendent of Jesus Christ? Musically, the album is top-notch, transcending metal borders with its accessibly prog approach. Among the finest work of singer-songwriter's Zak Stevens' (ex-Savatage) career, he is doing interviews the end of the month that we'd like to set up for you. Please consider this most eclectic musician. Thanks.
Mike G
Kayos Productions

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I've heard a few songs off Burden of Truth and it sounds like the best Circle II Circle disc yet! You better get that disc, Sixx, because there are probably a host of questions you can ask him about the concept of it.

Yeah, I did a review of it for Pivotal, I've been spining the advance for a couple of months now...This is the first album of theirs that I love for start to finish....
I also have Jon Oliva's Pain coming in in a week and also the chance of interviewing him as well...

sixxswine said:
Yeah, I did a review of it for Pivotal, I've been spining the advance for a couple of months now...This is the first album of theirs that I love for start to finish....
I also have Jon Oliva's Pain coming in in a week and also the chance of interviewing him as well...
Did the advance come with lyrics? They're probably important to understand the concept...enough to ask any questions about it anyway. And didn't the advance only have two full tracks on it? Anyway, congrats on getting some interviews with some classic old school musicians. Perfect for this forum! :headbang:

sixxswine said:
Among the finest work of singer-songwriter's Zak Stevens' (ex-Savatage) career, he is doing interviews the end of the month that we'd like to set up for you. Please consider this most eclectic musician. Thanks.

Uh, oh A Savatage related thread. I guess I have to chime in. Here's some questions that crossed my mind:

* You've now had a couple of albums since replacing all the band members. Do you consider CIIC more of a complete band, or more of a "Zak Stevens project"?

* How has your music progressed or changed since you parted with Savatage?

* How is your reception overseas, and do you feel that the US can still be an important place for metal bands?

* Are you planning to be part of the fabled Savatage 25th Anniversary, whenever it actually comes together?

I've heard the promo of the new album, and it really is the best CIIC has done!

Steve in Philly

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Did the advance come with lyrics? They're probably important to understand the concept...enough to ask any questions about it anyway. And didn't the advance only have two full tracks on it? Anyway, congrats on getting some interviews with some classic old school musicians. Perfect for this forum! :headbang:

It's the complete album, I have a link for the lyrics on the label's press site.

DarkOne said:
Uh, oh A Savatage related thread. I guess I have to chime in. Here's some questions that crossed my mind:

* You've now had a couple of albums since replacing all the band members. Do you consider CIIC more of a complete band, or more of a "Zak Stevens project"?

* How has your music progressed or changed since you parted with Savatage?

* How is your reception overseas, and do you feel that the US can still be an important place for metal bands?

* Are you planning to be part of the fabled Savatage 25th Anniversary, whenever it actually comes together?

I've heard the promo of the new album, and it really is the best CIIC has done!

Steve in Philly

Thanks Steve I will throw your in the mix...
Watch for them when this comes together.
SIXX