#1 2013

Interesting choice from Metman.

Raven was Ok, but the one cd I keep going back to is Fates Warning - Darkness...might not be their best material but it's the one album I keep playing. Raven was kind of a disappointment for me. I still prefer Insurgentes and Grace for Drowning. Raven seemed not that original from 70s prog rock. And another thing that upset me was the very low mix of Marco's bass drumming. He's got excellent footwork and it's barely noticeable in the mix.

Another album I played a lot (and still play) is Lalu's Atomic Ark. Revelations might be my song of the year.

I'll have to go with Haken - The Mountain. I was lukewarm on their first 2 releases, but the new one has ruled my player since spin one.

Also, agree Lalu song Revelations could be my song of the year as well.

#1 most replayed album of 2013 has been Black Sabbath - 13.

But if I were to give an overall #1, I would also vote Haken - The Mountain.

New ""Airbag" is a close 2rd...........:kickass:

You know, I have gotten so bored by this.:erk:
I love their 1st but as they have progressed to a complete Pink Floyd clone, I am losing interest.....
I wish they would have stayed the course with Identity.

I think Raven is the most consistently progressive release of the year.

My fav is Anathema's Universal

Pandora - Alibi Filosofico
Pandora's second album was very much in the traditional Rock Progressivo Italiano style but for their third album they created a more original and interesting variant of RPI. They even have Arjen Lucassen as a guest on the second track.
For me its one of the more inventive releases of 2013.

Pandora - Alibi Filosofico
Pandora's second album was very much in the traditional Rock Progressivo Italiano style but for their third album they created a more original and interesting variant of RPI. They even have Arjen Lucassen as a guest on the second track.
For me its one of the more inventive releases of 2013.

I've been listening to this a lot since I got a couple of weeks ago...

Thanks for explaining the differences from the 2nd disc which I was going to get...

Thanks for explaining the differences from the 2nd disc which I was going to get...

If you liked the 3rd then you should get the 2nd CD as well. If I had bought it when it was released in 2011 it would definitely have made my top 10 for that year.

I like all 3 Pandora albums, but like the first a little bit better than the last two. You know that the latest one is good though, when my wife comes in the room and says "what the hell is that you are playing?" :D