2009!!!

Oct 23, 2006
Québec City, Québec, Canada
2008 is almost over. It's time to think about what's coming next year:kickass:

Cant wait for:

Porcupine Tree Cd and dvd
Kreator
Morbid Angel (it's about time goddamnit)
Slayer
Megadeth
Opeth returning to studio
Dream Theater
Darkane
Cannibal Corpse

Porcupine Tree - 09!!!
Borknagar - 09
Morbid Angel - 09
Orphaned Land - The Neverending Way Of ORwarriOR early '09 is the rumor... they announced '08 to begin with. :(
Indukti - ?
Isis - ? ... probably will be out in the first half of '09
Katatonia - ? ... some time in '09
Ne Obliviscaris - ? ... late '08 or early '09!!! I think I'm looking forward to this album more than any others!!!
Anathema - Everything ...Early '09
Hazards of Swimming Naked - ? '09?
Heaven and Hell - ? early '09 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rage Against the Machine - ? '09?
Novembers Doom - ? '09

God Forbid - always liked this band, and their dvd is funny as!
lamb of god - Metal, no inbetweens is what i like about this band, and i feel that they might bring something "different" to the next record. they really have no choice but to.

Was thinking of making this thread. Well 09 has the potential to beat 08 as 07 was so out of control good all the bands who regularly release every 2 years will do another. Which means DSO, Earthless, Ulver, Eluvium, Radiohead, Akercocke, Titan, Comets on Fire, Alcest (long shot as I've read Neige isn't very keen to do another too quickly, but if it's better than what he has done then it will molest 08) and Wittr. All of those bands have the potential to outdo what they have already done which means 08 could quite easily get raped. I mean even if Dso release something better than Fas lol 08 has no chance.

Isis - ? ... probably will be out in the first half of '09
Ne Obliviscaris - ? ... late '08 or early '09!!! I think I'm looking forward to this album more than any others!!!
Anathema - Everything ...Early '09
Hazards of Swimming Naked - ? '09
Anathema are still meant to be releasing it this year, I haven't heard otherwise and I'm pretty sure it's finished, so it should be in the 2 months. Ne O won't be finished their full length till at least mid next year. They have only had their new guitarist for a few months now. They have started writing it, but it will take a fair while. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't mid-late next year. And yeah Isis should probably do another which will belt. Oh and +5848604 on Hazards of Swimming Naked, can't wait for them to release their debut.

Most eagerly awaiting the Ne Obliviscaris and Wintersun releases, and a new Morbid Angel record after too god damn long is great news! I hope Katatonia does a new one as well next year, and what the hell is happening with Unanimated's come-back album? It should be released in late 2008 but I haven't heard a word of it since April.

Ne Obliviscaris - ?
Orphaned Land - ORwarriOR (I hate this title...)
Dredg - ?
Subterranean Masquerade - In Pastille Colors

These are probably the only ones I am excited about - can't think of any more

What the fuck, Rage Against the Machine is coming out with another album? Can't they just stay dead?

Looking forward to the next Katatonia. I heard a rumor that Negura Bunget is supposed to be coming out with something new next year, too... ? Anyone know?

What the fuck, Rage Against the Machine is coming out with another album? Can't they just stay dead?

Looking forward to the next Katatonia. I heard a rumor that Negura Bunget is supposed to be coming out with something new next year, too... ? Anyone know?

I saw them at Wacken and I'm sure they played a song that they said was off a new album or something - don't trust me on it though. (The singer for them was standing next to me in the crowd for Cynic too :headbang:)

And I like RATM - would kill to see them live...