2010-Hard Rock/Melodic Metal

oldboy

Oct 8, 2007
Any recomendations of 2010 releases in these styles? Or maybe you can recommend some good albums in these styles released over the past decade. I like these styles but I really do not know where to start looking. Some bands I have enjoyed include: Treat (thanks to a thread on this board), Street Talk, Ten, Pink Cream 69. Maybe bands inspired by Journey, Toto, Kansas. Also bands more on the metal side of things would be welcome.
Thank You.

Any recomendations of 2010 releases in these styles? Or maybe you can recommend some good albums in these styles released over the past decade. I like these styles but I really do not know where to start looking. Some bands I have enjoyed include: Treat (thanks to a thread on this board), Street Talk, Ten, Pink Cream 69. Maybe bands inspired by Journey, Toto, Kansas. Also bands more on the metal side of things would be welcome.
Thank You.

Off the top of my head...

Line of Fire: Momentum - The best pure melodic rock album so far this year.

Y&T: Facemelter - This is about as good as their classic '80s material.

Pretty Maids: Pandemonium - Ditto. It's my favorite release of theirs since Future World

Jorn: Dio - Anything by Jorn automatically qualifies for the "best of" list.

Ratt: Infestation - What can I say? This is grade A hair metal.

Thanks man! I will start with Pretty Maids, and Momentum. Is the new Y and T also similar in style to their 80's albums (Mean Streak, Black Tiger)? Is it more mellow or bluesy?

Thanks man! I will start with Pretty Maids, and Momentum. Is the new Y and T also similar in style to their 80's albums (Mean Streak, Black Tiger)? Is it more mellow or bluesy?

It's classic. There are bluesy elements (it is Y&T after all), but you could put it on shuffle with Black Tiger and Mean Streak and have it flow pretty seamlessly.

Oh, and if you missed this one last year, Free Spirit's debut Pale Sister of Light is an AMAZING melodic hard rock album, sort of like Dokken meets Paradise Lost.

Others you should try if you haven't heard them already..

Astral Doors - Requiem Of Time
Reckless Love - st
First Signal - st
Terra Nova - Come Alive
Terry Brock - Diamond Blue
Grand Illusion - Brand New World (This comes with the highest of recommendations!)
H.E.A.T - Freedom Rock
Shining Line - st
Kissin' Dynamite - Addicted to Metal

and a few from 2009

Free Spirit - Pale Sister of Light
Blind Alley - Destination Destiny
Hardline - Leaving the End Open
Places of Power - Now is the Hour
House Of Lords - Cartesian Dreams
Crash The System - The Crowning
Praying Mantis - Sanctuary (Highest of recommendations)
Danger Danger - Revolve (Highest of recommendations)
Place Vendome - Streets of Fire (10/10 maximum reco!)
W.E.T - st (10/10 maximum reco!)
Leverage - Circus Colossus
Praying Mantis -- Sanctuary
Coldspell - Infinite Stargaze

Given what you described, you really want HEAT, Brother Firetribe, and the Poodles.

Probably. I was trying to stick to 2010 releases. Other 2009 notables included the latest from Gotthard, Hardcore Superstar, Sunstorm, Hardline, Place Vendome and Fair Warning, plus the debuts from Outloud, Crimes of Passion and Free Spirit.

The new CrashDiet is a pretty good disk, and "Neon" from Negative is along the lines of Gotthard or Harem Scarem and quite a good disc.

Good deal!! Keep them coming. I think I'll add W.E.T. and HEAT as well as HERMAN ZE GERMAN to the CD's I want to start with, although I will probably give most of the stuff on the thread a chance.

Did someone mention "shameless" self promotion?

but other albums i have been digging this year are albums by CRAZY LIXX, TERRY BROCK, RECKLESS LOVE, TREAT and SERPENTINE (Tony Mills of SHY on vox)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great recommendations, I would also throw in WildSide - SPEED DEVIL from 2010:

Also Eden's Curse - SECOND COMING from 2009:

Last edited by a moderator: