2015 Album Of The Year

Neoman

Aug 10, 2008
Hello all fellow Proggers!

Happy New Year!

My vote for the Best of 2015 goes to :

SYLVAN - HOME.

Same here, quite a few great releases this past year. Gotta evaluate the final selections. By iTunes play count it would be Blind Guardian - Beyond the Red Mirror...Which is great in my opinion but I still need to look back...

Fourty-seven albums to listen to. This is going to take longer than I anticipated. Oh well, it'll be worth it!

By far , Hand, Cannot. Erase by Steven Wilson.

Honorable mention for Neal Morse, The Grand Experiment.

As mostly a prog metal head, I would vote for Soul Secret - 4. It kicked my a** from the first listen and stayed strong all year long. Between the Buried and Me and Native Construct were amazing strong releases as well.

Reactions: Davide Guidone
As mostly a prog metal head, I would vote for Soul Secret - 4. It kicked my a** from the first listen and stayed strong all year long. Between the Buried and Me and Native Construct were amazing strong releases as well.

Soul Secret did nothing for me. To my ears it was prog metal by numbers. Not bad but not memorable. I agree that BTBAM and Native Construct were real stand out albums. I was particularly impressed by Native Construct's debut. Shame they couldn't really pull it off live at ProgPower.

Well, while I'm still going through all the prog releases I bought, I'll give my Top 3 non-prog albums:

Clutch - Psychic Warfare
Soilwork - The Ride Majestic
The Agonist - Eye of Providence

I intend to select by catagory: Best Prog Rock, Best Prog Metal, etc.

Right now I would say my Best Debut Album goes to Transience - Temple.