2015 Album Of The Year

You won't believe this but when I went to the Riverside gig in NJ, someone showed up wearing a Transience t-shirt.

That's the way, represent! :cool:

I love to see things like that. That's a great way to spread the word about an an awesome band.

Reactions: lasercd
Ghost - Meliora
Between the Buried and Me - Coma Ecliptic
Darkology - Fated to Burn

Man, Darkology was such a disappointment to me. I loved their first album but didn't listen to the new one more than a few times. Kelly Carpenter is one of my favorite vocalists but I just really wasn't digging his style on Fated to Burn, and the lyrics were just terrible.

Wow...Wilderun is amazing. Thanks so much for posting the link. :)

You bet! It was a great find for me as well, they deserve to be signed for sure.

2015 was pretty good.

My top 3 albums (in no order):

Kamasi Washington - The Epic
Arcane - Known/ Learned
Nat Birchall - Invocations

Quite a lot of excellent releases last year on the metal side, but I haven't heard anything prog rock yet that has stood out ( although there are some solid efforts). If Phideaux had finally put out Infernal then I'm sure that would have been instant #1.

District 97's "In Vaults" was great. Looking forward to finally seeing them live this year.
Native Construct's "Quiet World" & Gazpacho's "Molok" were also standouts.

District 97's "In Vaults" was great. Looking forward to finally seeing them live this year.
Native Construct's "Quiet World" & Gazpacho's "Molok" were also standouts.

I really liked Native Construct's album. It totally took me by surprise - particularly for a debut. I saw them live at ProgPower and I thought they were not very good. In fact I walked out about half way through. All the keyboards were canned - coming off a laptop. The vocalist struggled. It just wasn't happening. Perhaps with some more touring it will come together for them.

Well I'm going to throw my hands up in defeat and declare it here, now. I didn't feel there was a single best album of 2015, so I will call ties in Metal and Rock.

Best Metal:
Tie between Blind Guardian - Beyond the Red Mirror and Symphony X - Underworld.

Best Rock:
3-way between Beardfish - +4626-Comfortzone, Riverside - Love, Fear and the Time Machine, and Subsignal - The Beacons of Somewhere Sometime.

Other standouts include:
Caligula's Horse - Bloom
Dead Letter Circus - Aesthesis
Transience - Temple (already declared my Best Debut)
Kingcrow - Eidos
Clutch - Psychic Warfare (not prog but killer Hard Rock that must be mentioned)
Soilwork - The Ride Majestic
Queensryche - Condition Human (I was unsure if I would dig the post-Tate version of the band, but this one sold it to me good.)

Last edited:
Reactions: lasercd
Hey! So many...

BEST PROGALBUMS 2015!

Vanden Plas: The chronicles of immortals - Netherworld ll
Subsignal: Beacons of somewhere sometime
Caligula's horse: Bloom
Mystery: Delusion rain
Steven Wilson: Love. Cannot. Erase.
Riverside: Love, fear and the timemachine
Arcane: Known/Learned
Symphony X: Underworld
Sylvan: Home
Kingcrow: Eidos
Kamelot: Haven
Nightwish: Endless forms most beautiful
YOUR FAVOURITES, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Even though my tastes steer towards the heavier side of prog, I absolutely love YUKA & CHRONOSHIP - 3rd Planetary Chronicles