500 Thrash Metal Riffs on YOUTUBE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrashMetalRiffs

New Metal Member
Feb 7, 2010
I've been creating a collection of riffs for years. I've got over 500 riffs now and I've put em all on YouTube.
Just search for '500 thrash metal riffs' and you will find em.
This is the link to part 1:-

You can get to the other parts from there. There are 41 parts - all now uploaded.
There are over a 130 bands. They are mostly thrash riffs but there are a few Death/Extreme bands as well.
All the edits are done to 100th of a second so I reckon they sound pretty good. I've even changed the noise level for each riff so they are consistent.
Wasn't sure how they would sound on YouTube with the compression etc but they don't sound bad at all.
Bet you hear bands you have never heard of. Some real finds on there.
I've done it to promote thrash metal as I've loved it for years.
It's brand new so less than 300 views.
You'll be the first guys to view em.
Hope you enjoy. Love em or Leave em!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at the intro it looks like a majority of those aren't thrash bands. Not that non-thrash bands can't throw in the odd thrash riff, but "a few death/extreme bands" doesn't really cover it.

Aside from that...instead of the weird numbering system you have going here, it'd be nice to know what song the riff is from. The biggest problem, though, is that the riffs you chose, based on the first three minutes or so, are just not particularly good.

Blind Guardian, Candlemass, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Crowbar, Decapitated, King Diamond, Emperor, Entombed, The Faceless (wtf), Gojira, Gorod, Impaled, Morbid Angel, Necrophagist, Nile, Psycroptic, Slipknot, Suffocation...

That's 19 bands that are pretty much just not thrash (and I tried to leave alot of the early death/thrash out)... if it's just over 100 bands... that seems like a weird way to represent a genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.