A brief note on the roster...

Than can't we just call them Post-Metal?:kickass:

I just wish I didn't hate the vocals.

See above... I just did.:loco:

Zod

Haha well I don't believe we've actually seen real post metal yet haha. We have post-rock and post-hardcore... post-metal would be interesting. I guess in a sense bands like Mastodon and Giant Squid COULD be considered post-metal, but one could also slap a progressive tag onto 'em as well.

Haha well I don't believe we've actually seen real post metal yet haha. We have post-rock and post-hardcore... post-metal would be interesting. I guess in a sense bands like Mastodon and Giant Squid COULD be considered post-metal, but one could also slap a progressive tag onto 'em as well.

I've heard bands such as Isis, Cult of Luna, and Neurosis described as post-metal quite often. I'd more more likely to consider them sludge, but post-metal isn't a new term.

I agree that it's a stupid name for a genre (tech death), but I didn't come up with it, and that's the accepted term for bands such as Necrophagist, Spawn Of Possession, and their ilk.

It's the accepted term, yeah. But the accepted term for Dark Tranquillity is melodic death metal, and I wouldn't consider that a separate genre (although many would).

haha, I grabbed that 07 release after all the reviews it got and was like wow this is so bad haha

arent they like doom sludge or some weird ass subgenre title?

Would be nice if you actually read my posts rather than make fun of me for no reason. My basis is formed from generally accepted terminology in metal circles.

heh, fear not, I read them! And generally, most of the stuff you say makes some amount of sense, but then you pepper them with things that are just so make-funnable!

Don't you think that it's at all possible that different people operate in diffferent "metal circles", and thus, that you could be unfamiliar with the terminology used within other circles? The Google searches are a way to discover information from outside your personal sphere of knowledge, and they made it pretty clear that people do in fact use the term "tech metal".

Haha well I don't believe we've actually seen real post metal yet haha. We have post-rock and post-hardcore... post-metal would be interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_metal

Yeah, you're right, it does sound interesting. If only there was some way to actually HEAR this non-existent style of music!

Seriously, you still sound like you're reading from one of those books! You're so SURE about everything! :loco:

Neil

Would be nice if you actually read my posts rather than make fun of me for no reason. My basis is formed from generally accepted terminology in metal circles.

Why not just lighten up?
It's hilarious.
Almost as hilarious as your rationales.
I thought his response was brilliant.
You can borrow my book if you like...seventeenth edition...you know you want to...
I think it has an entire section entitled "Humor in teh intarnetz mehtuhl forumz for n00bs."

Don't you think that it's at all possible that different people operate in diffferent "metal circles", and thus, that you could be unfamiliar with the terminology used within other circles?

I actually operate in "metal dodecahedrons" but I have found that "tech metal" seems to be prevalent in nearly all metal polygons...with the exception, of course, of SQUARES. :heh:
Your posts make me lawl.
That's awesome.
Cheers. :kickass: