A Call to Arms.. (ticket link up)

jaimek said:
The show sells out in under a week every year, and Glenn sweats? What? At this point, word of mouth and core fans would carry the show, no matter WHO plays...

I don't mean to be a troll here, and I really hope this thing sells out for Glenn. Nevertheless,I think a little reality check is in order, because while most forum members are all commited, the average joe on the street isn't.
Of the seven non-posting people I personally know who attend ProgPower 4 opted out at the original line up. When Nevermore dropped off and Jorn announced those 4 weren't drawn back, and 2 others are now questionable at best. The 7th is seriously on the fence and probably won't decide until the 1st.

I really do hope this show sells well, but I suggest that everyone really needs to spread the word, educate people on the bands playing, and encourage attendance.Complacency isn't a good idea this year.

Magius said:
I don't mean to be a troll here, and I really hope this thing sells out for Glenn. Nevertheless,I think a little reality check is in order, because while most forum members are all commited, the average joe on the street isn't.
Of the seven non-posting people I personally know who attend ProgPower 4 opted out at the original line up. When Nevermore dropped of and Jorn announced those 4 weren't drawn back, and 2 others are now questionable at best. The 7th is seriously on the fence and probably won't decide until the 1st.

I really do hope this show sells well, but I suggest that everyone really needs to spread the word, educate people on the bands playing, and encourage attendance.Compacency isn't a good idea this year.

I'll make a side bet with you for $100 that it sells out. What do you think? :heh:

Magius said:
Of the seven non-posting people I personally know who attend ProgPower 4 opted out at the original line up. When Nevermore dropped of and Jorn announced those 4 weren't drawn back, and 2 others are now questionable at best. The 7th is seriously on the fence and probably won't decide until the 1st.

I really do hope this show sells well, but I suggest that everyone really needs to spread the word, educate people on the bands playing, and encourage attendance.Compacency isn't a good idea this year.

yeah! Same here, man.. Out of the 10 people or so that usually go with me to pp, only 3 are going this year.

My friends are mostly prog guys, though.. And this year's line is somewhat lacking in the prog department.
And also the lack of a big name headliner is the reason why 2 border line fans are not going.. You know.. the guys who are fan of BG, Sonata, Stratovarius, Angra and nothing else... 2 of my buddies fall into that category.

I reaaaaally hope PP sells out.. I absolutely love the fest. :) I hope my friends are not a big enough sample size of the crowd! :)

I'm not so sure the lineup itself is what stops certain people. It's the travel and lodging, too.

It's not only about John Q. Metalhead liking the bands, but liking them enough to spend upwards of 10 times the ticket price on a weekend.

I'm sure there are some people who might see Epica on tour with Kamelot and think, "shit, i will save cash and wait til they come to my town."

I'll announce it on WREKage this weekend, and play some of the bands -- what I can get away with, at any rate. :heh: Mercenary, Evergrey and Epica for sure. The show's typical demographic isn't a very PP-ish demo, but I'll do what I can. Heck, it's a 'local' show. :)

EDIT: info and banner added to the WREKage home-page.

As an aside, I note that our interview with Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth has finally been added to the WREKage site. Only 4 months later...... :lol:

I got a friend of mine from NYC to come down for the show in September, I have been telling him about it since I moved here and he finally said he will go. Of course I have to pay for his ticket but thats cool as long as I get him to go .

Pellaz said:
I'll announce it on WREKage this weekend, and play some of the bands -- what I can get away with, at any rate. :heh: Mercenary, Evergrey and Epica for sure. The show's typical demographic isn't a very PP-ish demo, but I'll do what I can. Heck, it's a 'local' show. :)

EDIT: info and banner added to the WREKage home-page.

As an aside, I note that our interview with Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth has finally been added to the WREKage site. Only 4 months later...... :lol:

I really wish you guys could have a nightly show =( I should start getting the archives. As I often miss most of the show on Fridays... and my radio at home can't get a good signal sadly.

lifesadream said:
I got a friend of mine from NYC to come down for the show in September, I have been telling him about it since I moved here and he finally said he will go. Of course I have to pay for his ticket but thats cool as long as I get him to go .

I'll be +1 as well, based on the strength of the Freak Kitchen announcement alone. Oh, he likes Jorn's music too. :headbang: I'm hoping he digs it enough to make the trip an annual event!

J-Dubya

Cheiron said:
I really wish you guys could have a nightly show =(

Egads, it's exhausting enough as it is! And it was worse when we were running 10pm-8am! :eek:

I should start getting the archives. As I often miss most of the show on Fridays... and my radio at home can't get a good signal sadly.

How far out do you live? The signal carries pretty well, especially on car stereos, although I'd imagine a cheap FM dipole antenna from Radio Shack would probably help a lot for home stereos.

Call in for some good prog- or power-metal, too, and I'll try to play it. The other hosts of the show sometimes need reminding that the genres exist, and have about ten fans in this benighted city. :)

I know my usual posse of 6+ will be there plus we are adding another one to the posse this year

Well Glenn, you might be sweating it but I always sweat it this time of year too. I'm afraid something's gonna happen and i don't get my ticket, like if I go into a coma for about 4 days and the fest sells out. But as far as selling out, it will, maybe not in 3 days but it should in alteast a week or so. I have a friend who really doesn't even listen to a whole lot of metal coming, but he's coming just soley on Evergrey, so thats goota be a good sign.

Thread was made on the Braveboard for the tickets going on sale, Glenn

You cant say that this show doesnt have appeal. I skipped last year's because I wasnt excited about the line up. There are people like me who go crazy for Mercenary and Evergrey, and Jorn is badass too. Evergrey alone makes the entire thing worth it.

Kurt

It has appeal. Evergrey is huge. I think Jorn will also put butts in seats.

But I don't know that the power metal fans will go for it, seeing as the highest billed power metal band is a #3(Thunderstone).

THere really isn't much here for the prog fans either.

What I do see is dark metal, goth metal, and weird metal, and a dash of classic rock(Jorn and his Rainbow influences). IT's definitely a very different Progpower.

My rather uninformed guess: a sell out, but it might take till the end of the month.