A Fragile Mind Review

the album is great, listening to it none stop, growns on you like hell, i agree, its more progressive but less crazy and heavy, sounds more like prog metal and less like tech metal? something like that (labels...lol).
towers sounded more original and unique to my ears because of the heavy riffs, kinda like a prog metal meshuggah eheh, still the new one is great as well, not perfect like towers, but kicks ass too. can´t wait for the next one , rock on guys:headbang:

YOU GUY'S RULE!!!

Thanks so much for the very kind words 97reb, Neurotic, ytse00 and everyone on the forum. You guy's are really the reason we keep going and it means a ton to us, you have no idea. (Many thank you's for grabbing A Fragile Mind)

We look so forward to you all hearing our next release (2006) and we will always try and progress for you guy's.

Have a great weekend guy's and it's you kats who RULE!!!

\m/\m/
Jasun

I was just wondering if you have any plans to put in some of the arbaic stuff you mentioned way back in time in the new release; it would add a interesting twist. Hope you guys get a decent support slot to spread the message
John

Now that's a tough one to answer because there was some Arbaic material we had and I agree it would add an interesting and very cool twist. I had a guitar synth that I was devoting a ton of time too and I was using many Middle Eastern scale formats to give a feel. The problem was I was trying to find sounds. I have a Korg Trinity and I was looking into Emu and other sound rack modules to achieve an organic sound. The problem is it wasn't coming off very organic and I have to admit I got frustrated with the tones. The parts were awesome and I can see using them in the future but in order to to have it correct the sounds need right on. Man spatch you have a great memory lol.

The great thing about the next batch material already written is there's a ton of Exotic material in places. The material is very (Gulp) cold, Heavy, exotic that reallys puts you in a trance. It gives dynamic levels when the heavy parts hit in place, they feel really heavy because the lighter side is very cold, eerie and very exotic in places. For instance the song titled, "THE FALCON'S CRY" starts out very intense/crushing and then rolls into a crazy polyrythmic section which comes together in and exotic unison pattern. The patterns get more intense as the song carries on and works its way to a climax then (Clean section) is released to a floating sound-wave of beauty and open space.

I can't begin to tell you how excited we are with the new material. We really feel we put everything we had into the music, lyrics and melodies.

Have a great weekend everyone, YOU ALL RULE!!!

Jasun/ZH

Wow! We just got a new ZH cd and now I can't wait for the next one. And what's best is that we won't have to wait forever for it! About the new cd: I like Towers better in that it had an epicness that A Fragile Mind lacks. On the other hand A Fragile Mind has a replayability that Towers lacks, at least to me. The most important thing is that a band's material stay fresh and exciting. That's the reason I still like Dream Theater. I may not like every little thing they've done but as a band they still manage to do something new and genre-bending with each new release. As long as you guys continue to evolve with each release I and most other fans will continue to love your music. Thanks for one of my favorite cds of 2005!

David

Right on David and thank you so much for grabbing a copy of "A Fragile Mind". Appreciate the kind words brotha and thanks for coming on the board and letting us know.

YOU RULE BRO and have a great weekend.

Jasun/ZH

P.S. Neurotic you're correct on the scale format in A Fragile Mind and the chords to the start of the song gives an exotic feel as well. You're METAL kat.

Thanks so much Ron for bringing this to our attn. We appreciate you taking the time out to review it and for the much needed press and support.

Look forward to doing an interview with you.

YOU RULE!!!

Jasun/ZH

Silent Song said:
why ZH and ZH fans are the best:

just look at all the positive discussion we can have- even those who had different opinions. Its remarkable.

They sure do have the best fans and nicest band.