A new website for Wormfood

Elwrm said:
Hello,

We have a new website with the latest news, various pics, a message board (mainly in french, but english is welcome ;) ), few audio samples and full mp3s from our previous releases... Feel free to visit us !

Wormfood's Website
(you can use both redirection url, too :www.wormfood.com02.com or www.wormfood.tk)

:headbang:

Why not get a message board with UM? ;) Anyway, I really enjoyed "Dark Mummy Cat," and am looking forward to the re-release! :headbang:

circus_brimstone said:
Why not get a message board with UM? ;)

Well, why not ? It could be very useful for us to have an english-spoken board here. Just tell me how ?

Very pleased to hear that you enjoy Dark Mummy... I have a question for you. We often mix french and english lyrics, so there's a long part in this song with a bizarre french speech about embalming. How do you feel the use of french language in a metal band ? I often wonder how our songs are perceived outside our country. Does french-speaking add something special, exotic ?

Elwrm said:
I have a question for you. We often mix french and english lyrics, so there's a long part in this song with a bizarre french speech about embalming. How do you feel the use of french language in a metal band ? I often wonder how our songs are perceived outside our country. Does french-speaking add something special, exotic ?

not directed at me
but I love it, it adds another dimension, do more!
I wish more bands did it, not just french

look at rammstien- it works really well for them and people are detracted from the fact that they've been existing on three ministry riffs :tickled:

Elwrm said:
Well, why not ? It could be very useful for us to have an english-spoken board here. Just tell me how ?

Very pleased to hear that you enjoy Dark Mummy... I have a question for you. We often mix french and english lyrics, so there's a long part in this song with a bizarre french speech about embalming. How do you feel the use of french language in a metal band ? I often wonder how our songs are perceived outside our country. Does french-speaking add something special, exotic ?

UM gets a lot of traffic, that's why I suggested thinking about getting an official Wormfood board here, and it probably could even be a sub-forum of code666 with Emi's permission of course. :) Here's the info:

Hosted Forums
UltimateMetal.com is host to over 50 forums: official band forums, zines, labels, and other music resources. We'd be happy to host YOUR forum in our community. Prices for hosted forum packages start at just $60USD per year.
Contact us ( mail@ultimatemetal.com ) for more details!

Now, as far as the use of French in "Dark Mummy Cat" is concerned, I love it! It's not often that I hear the French language in metal. I'm from the U.S. myself, so I still get to hear a lot of Norwegian, Swedish, and languages of the like, but I never hear French. That's what makes you guys idiosyncratic I think, and the embalming speech is my favorite part of the song! :p It's funny that you mention it, too, cause I just burned a CD for a friend with the song "Dark Mummy Cat" on it, and told her about the boisterous, French speech that's on it, and she was really excited to hear it.

One other thing, I know code666 distributes promos to UM for review, but there's an independent music store in Louisville, KY - called ear X-tacy - that your label should try to distribute to. It's a massive store with good prices, I buy a ton of shit there, and they get a lot of traffic. They even have a nice Metal section, which houses albums from Century Media, The End Records, Relapse Records, and so on and so forth. Just a thought. Nice talking with you!

:wave:

personally, the "french flavour" was one of the reason to sign Wormfood (but maybe is because I understand french and love the language-country so much...).

code666 is ok to allow a Wormfood sub-forum, but I don't know how to do it... :confused:

and thanks for the tip regarding that store, we'll see if they want to buy our stuff as well.

btw cool website, I love your pics signing the deal with code666 :tickled: :

sign.jpg

circus_brimstone said:
I suggested thinking about getting an official Wormfood board here, and it probably could even be a sub-forum of code666 with Emi's permission of course. :)

Thank your for these infos... :worship:

circus_brimstone said:
I just burned a CD for a friend with the song "Dark Mummy Cat" on it, and told her about the boisterous, French speech that's on it, and she was really excited to hear it.!

What ???? You make illegal copies of mon oeuvre ? :lol:
Seriously, if you like strange french vocals, I guess you'll enjoy the other tracks, there's even more french touch, and the re-release will include special covers "à la française"... :D

I really think -like few other french bands like our Carnival in Coal friends- that we should not be afraid to use our native language and various clichés from our culture in metal songs. After all, french is very narrative and offers so many poetical possibilities. So, I usually use french for dialogues, melodic and atmospheric parts, and english to accentuate violent riffs... And as a song writer, I could express things more sincerely by this way, too... We'll certainly record an all-french album someday. It's one of my musical dreams.

Emi said:
code666 is ok to allow a Wormfood sub-forum, but I don't know how to do it... :confused:

mrstraetz.gif

Emi said:
btw cool website, I love your pics signing the deal with code666 :tickled: :

We thought that people would feel very interessed by this great and exclusive moment of our life. ;)

not ugly just french ...

wereas the irish exude charm and grace where ever we.....er fall over

I'll have to fling one up somewhere so you can see how much our practice room needs a clean too

I'm not in them....ha

Emi said:

and thanks for the tip regarding that store, we'll see if they want to buy our stuff as well.

Don't worry Emi. I'll contact Deron, and see if we can't get the ball rolling on this Wormfood sub-forum idea. There might be a slight charge, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out more information. Let me know if any of your other bands are interested as well.

And, I'll volunteer to be a personal contact for the ear X-tacy thing (i.e. letting you know that they do indeed have your stuff in stock if they say they're willing to carry it, buying some of it, etc.). :cool:

circus_brimstone said:
Don't worry Emi. I'll contact Deron, and see if we can't get the ball rolling on this Wormfood sub-forum idea.

:hotjump:
Thank you so much, that would really be a great thing !
Be sure it would be frenchy, we'll bring a part of this country in there, and we'll take our hands, and everyone would be singing in joy and peace.
We're not worthy :D

circus_brimstone said:
Just that one song. :D

Be careful, there's a new anti-piracy program led by Code666 ; bad guys come to your house with borsalino hats and machine guns, and if they found any illegal copy, you'll end your life in a lake with your feet in concrete... Very dangerous to cheat with an italian label... :err:

Elwrm said:
Be careful, there's a new anti-piracy program led by Code666 ; bad guys come to your house with borsalino hats and machine guns, and if they found any illegal copy, you'll end your life in a lake with your feet in concrete... Very dangerous to cheat with an italian label... :err:

This was an official download, though. :D Btw, I'll contact Deron - about the sub-forum - in a couple days if I haven't heard from him by then. I sent him a PM a few days ago.
:wave: