AC/DC Live at River Plate (Blu-Ray DVD)

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
So, on my regular weekly visit to my local Newbury Comics to see about new releases and such this past week I picked up a copy of AC/DC's newest Live DVD (Blu-Ray format of course) "Live at River Plate" and whether or not you are into them, it's a great concert DVD - the picture and sound quality on the Blu-Ray version is fantastic.

Still one of the best Rock bands performing today (given their consistently good/quality output over 38 years one could argue one of the greatest straight out Rock 'n' Roll bands ever) they still know how to put on a show well worth the money put down for tickets. "Live at River Plate" was recorder in 2009 as part of the "Black Ice" tour with 32 cameras in HD in Bueno Ares, Argentina before 200,000 rabid fans. AC/DC certainly knows how to pick crowds for their concert videos as this one is great, participating along with every song; I particularly liked the "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", something about 200,000 people chanting along with the opening heavy tom beat and then singing along to the chorus came across really cool.

I've seen AC/DC four times if memory serves me correctly, each time enjoyable experience I do not regret.

On the sound front it really is a great audio mix done by Mike Fraser (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Norah Jones, Buckcherry, CoC, Theory of a Deadman, ...) - I've been rocking out to the 5.1 Blu-Ray mix for the past two hours.

So... For those who still like a little straight out rock 'n' roll from down under this is a DVD well worth picking up (don't skimp out - buy the Blu-Ray version as it's definitely worth the small increase).

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is that drummer ?

Phil Rudd - he's been their drummer since 1975 to present, with a break between 1983 to 1995 (he had some drug problems that lead to issues with Malcolm Young even getting into physical altercations at times). He rejoined the band in 1995 and all has been well since - AC/DC always felt their sound suffered without Phil behind the kit. So - he's pretty much been their drummer most of their 36 years or so.