After Party Suggestion

Originally posted by Metal_Thailand
@DAVETHEMETALGUY

I am flying in from Thailand, so if you need a MP3 walkman to play the CD's, I am happy to bring mine along for you to use for the gig and the cable to connect. (This is how I listen to MP3's off my amp at home).

At least if you use b), there is less liability plus you only need to bring a handfull of CD's.

Let me know.

Cheers

Metal_Thailand

WELL, since you're coming all this way, you might as well bring it. it would suck to have to turn around and go back and get it....ha
thanks for the info...

Originally posted by markgugs
junnie, are you coming all the way from Japan?!?!?! :eek: :eek:

If so, I'll make sure that JayKeeley & myself save at least ONE beer, but you might have to wrestle me for it. ;)

Mark - stop chatting up the ladies, heh. :D

er, Junnie, er...are you bringing a friend? *cough*

Originally posted by Metal_Thailand

...so if you need a MP3 walkman to play the CD's, I am happy to bring mine along for you to use for the gig and the cable to connect. (This is how I listen to MP3's off my amp at home).

At least if you use b), there is less liability plus you only need to bring a handfull of CD's.

That's the real benefit of MP3s on CD ROM. At 128K bit rate, you can probably get 15 albums on one CD.

You may want to investigate using MP3 software for playback (as opposed to the walkman) because although walkmans are great for playback, they do not provide all the fading/EQ options that you may need when DJ'ing.

On more serious topics, I'll be glad to help set up a fun after-show event. Let me know what you need me to do. Bring chips and napkins? :D :lol:

I just haven't had a second with all my flying back and forth to Houston. Any chance you can call up a few clubs and see what the score is? In effect, it would be the same as hosting a private party (which you can do at any club/bar), but we're requesting our own DJ - our good friend Dave.

It's not a huge job if a bunch of people all do a small part...

Agreed. If we arrange this properly, this could be an awesome fun night out. The only thing I can think of for some of the people on this forum is that they are between the ages of 15-20.

I guess we'll have to abide by age limit laws therefore.

Atlanteans, feel free to chime in at any point. :D

Originally posted by DAVETHEMETALGUY

if I'M THE DJ, I PROMISE AS GOD/SATAN/BAAL OR WHATEVER YOU PRAY TO...YOU WILL HEAR BOLT THROWER, IN FLAMES, AT THE GATES, CHILDREN OF BODOM, HYPOCRISY, HASTE, SOILWORK, TERROR 2000, DREAM EVIL. EVEN OLD CLASSICS LIKE TESTAMENT, SLAYER, KING DIAMOND, MERCYFUL FATE, MAYBE THIN LIZZY IF I GET DRUNK ENOUGH!. AND I'LL TAKE REQUESTS AS ALWAYS....
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK....

I tell you what I think - FANTASTIC!! :headbang:

I'll go for Thin Lizzy (and any NWOBHM) regardless of how drunk you (or I) get.

We may need to start a thread to take early requests so we can decide which MP3s to upload to our FTP site.

I vote for Hollow Ground by The Haunted. Just got this CD the other day - has not left my CD player yet. :)

FUCK YEAH! Haunted rocks dood! :D

And to all the Atlantans...where should I begin to look for an after-show place? I.E. someplace that will let us headbang and drink beer...erm...and wrestle w/ uh, Junnie...;)

And to all the Atlantans...where should I begin to look for an after-show place?

There's obviously a trick to getting people to show some level of interest here. Right now it looks like the after party is me, you, Dave, Junnie, and Metal_Thailand.... :cry: (Probably the only people over the age of 21) :lol:

Glenn obviously has the hang of this 'event organizing'....:D

We have to remember though that 99% of people showing up at PPUSA won't even visit this forum beforehand.

I just think that if everyone wants to go out for beers, we may need to play it by ear. And I'd hate to give up on the opportunity to hang with Edguy and talk about how Brazil knocked out both England and Germany from the world cup, heh. :lol:

Oh well, the eternal optimist never says die.

Originally posted by JayKeeley

There's obviously a trick to getting people to show some level of interest here. Right now it looks like the after party is me, you, Dave, Junnie, and Metal_Thailand.... :cry: (Probably the only people over the age of 21) :lol:

nah, there must be someone else over 21... maybe they're just waiting for the right moment to tell us they wanna come too. i guess we should still play it by ear, but that means that we still should be prepared. So, maybe the FTP site should still be in the works? I downloaded two Judas Priest concerts off of the Rob Halford website and the disc only plays in the computer. So obviously we need some kind of computer system to run the show. OR, itf it's just us at the hotel a laptop and some speakers will do. BTW , i interviewed Rob Halford on Tuesday and talked for an hour. I found out lots of good metal info, like he cleans his own toilet and he has a cat named Mr. Smokey.

also, i saw Moby last night, and i'll be damned if he can play!

Let me know what you guys think....

While of course there's always going to be the under-21 crowd (thankfully that means there's a whole new generation of metalheads w/ taste in the world), ProgPower will most likely have the highest percentage of over-21-year-olds. Compared to, say, Ozzfest :lol:

I say we continue w/ plans to have a party in a bar/club or something like that. The FTP site is a superb idea, and drinking silly amounts of alcohol is an even better one :D

As I mentioned before...let me know what I can do, and I'll get on it!

FUCK YEAH! Haunted rocks dood! :D

And to all the Atlantans...where should I begin to look for an after-show place? I.E. someplace that will let us headbang and drink beer...erm...and wrestle w/ uh, Junnie...;)

oh do i really need to wrestle you?? i hate to sweat lol except headbanging :p

No, I'm 5 foot, 11 inches, pretty normal. I also don't look like your average "metalhead."

What you mean you don't have the dashing looks of Lemmy from Motorwart?

Junnie will be so disappointed... :D

No, I'm 5 foot, 11 inches, pretty normal. I also don't look like your average "metalhead." Having a sales job doesn't allow for that!

Hmmm, we should have a picture page...

good that you are not like 6'5", you would've looked scary to wrestle with..

picture page sounds interesting! as i won't recognize anyone by only with these nicks :)