Aggressive metal - your recommendations please

Try The Dillinger Escape Plan - Calculating Infinity. It my be not THAT extreme, but still, it's pretty aggressive.

Otherwise I recommend Naked City's Torture Garden. Not really metal though, but the sickest stuff I've heard so far.

Pyrus said:
Machine Head's metalcore, and The Haunted have some leanings in that direction.
Hm, in Machine Head's case, I completely fail to see the "...core" connection. Well.
And as for The Haunted, their first album (and my favourite of theirs, I might add) surely has some Hardcore influences due to the vocalist - who is back in the band btw for the upcoming record. Looking forward to that!

Hmm i wouldnt say Machine Head and The Haunted are metalcore, if anything Dew-Scented are more metalcore than The Haunted - listen to the vocals on "Impact", they'd fit right into a hardcore band, saying that though, fucking awesome album.

Soilwork - The Chainheart Machine
Soilwork - Steelbath Suicide
The Crown - Deathrace King
Dying Fetus - Stop at Nothing
Kataklysm - Shadows and Dust
Pantera - All (although you probably own their stuff anyway, just thought id mention)
Converge - Jane Doe
At The Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours
Incapacity - Chaos Complete
Hypocrisy - Catch 22 (im aware it might not be their best but its the only one i own)

Life Sucks said:
I actually like Dew Scented a lot. It is extremely heavy half-thrash that borders on death metal, quite frequently incorporating blastbeats and tremelo picking.

That came out wrong I guess. Let me rephrase:

I have Inwards and it kicks ass.

Pyrus said:
Alright, I thought you were saying "no 80s-style thrash." My bad. Imagika's a good newer thrash band...the Forsaken are pretty badass as well.

Machine Head's metalcore, and The Haunted have some leanings in that direction.

Close your mouth, dude, the numbfuckery is leaking out.

:lol:

You talk too much.