ALL THAT REMAINS covers Nevermore’s “Believe In Nothing.”

That's actually the song I was going to suggest!

This cover is really confusing to me. You'd think they could have done so much better. At least it won't likely affect their career too much because most of the people that like them don't really care about Nevermore and people that most people like Nevermore don't really care about All That Remains haha.

But, being on the fence as I was, If that cover was the first song I heard, and had I not investigated further, then it's likely going to turn people that got their first impression from it off. Well, maybe it's just me because I heard the real version of the song. Probably so many times I should be embarrassed LOL!

That was one confusing sentence.

ATR are a boring band. There is little divergence from the same recipe throughout their releases, and if they picked Believe in Nothing deliberately to show a more delicate side of their music then it failed. They failed to interpret the song, but they just copied it, and I said before, it's limp and wan.

Eskimos can and sometimes DO use fridges to KEEP food from freezing, good sir.

Yes, yes... of course, of course... I was implying JUST THAT into my metaphor. This cover is not serving its primary purpose of existence... but might be of extraordinary use i.e. torturing people with taste. Umm, yeah...

"up a narrow flight of stairs in a narrow little room as I lie upon my bed in the early evening gloom, impaled on my wall my eyes can dimly see the pattern of my life and the puzzle that is me"

rock on Mr Simon, rock on

I don't like the Firewind cover, especially the choruslines. Too much squeeze, too less depth and crappy articulation.
So far, only Labyrinth managed to make a cover that doesn't work on my nerves. They did Sanctuary's; Die for my Sins.
I'm not fond of the synthesizer parts, but they kept it metal and their cover has balls.
Something that both Believe in Nothing covers seriously lack, imo.

Damn these guys can't even do it right.
Nevermore: an un-coverable band that covers other bands better than anyone else.

Well, the firewind version is better but still a long way off.
Why do they keep messing up the timing on the melody for the vocals? Both band held notes too long etc.

Warrel says, " Khan, I'm laughing at the superior intellect "

I think my problem with metalcore is that the clean parts sound like pop punk choruses. I want fucking epic singing, not some dude who can merely carry a tune.

If metalcore bands wanna do the whole scream scream scream/clean chorus/scream scream scream thing, that's cool. Just do it well.

He's got a great scream, though.

Well, the firewind version is better but still a long way off.
Why do they keep messing up the timing on the melody for the vocals? Both band held notes too long etc.

Warrel says, " Khan, I'm laughing at the superior intellect "

yes....but...after...I....said it......I ....smothered.....my hair.....in ...dippity doo....and stuttered.......the woooords.....for dramatic........effect