amon amarth uk tour

they love turkey and we :worship: :D they came 3 times in 3 years. also they played varyags of miklagaard first at istanbul. because it means "Vikings of Istanbul" :loco:

saw amon amarth last night at the metal hammer golden gods awards. they played three songs. devidriver were on the bill and were excellent. amon amarth won a golden god but i was too drunk to remember what it was for. a hell of a venue as well.

Anybody know what the 3 songs were that they played?

Just got me ticket for Newcastle. The local record shop didn't have any in yet so I had to buy online at the link above.

Sorted.

Hang on yours has arrived from See Tickets? I ordered mine on the 6th of June and still no sign of them. See's tracking system saaaaaaays:

We will start to despatch tickets for this event on approximately 08/10/2009 and we expect to have all tickets despatched by 22/10/2009.

What the hell? A week before it? If they don't arrive I'll be pissed, I fucking hate picking tickets up at the box office. I want front row dammit!

No they haven't, yet.

I got an email from them :-

We apologise for the delay in despatching your tickets for your recent order. You booked 1 STANDING tickets for AMON AMARTH on THURSDAY 29/10/2009 made on 30/07/2009. Your reference number(s) for this order is .....
Your tickets will be despatched as soon as we receive them, normally 14 days prior to the event.
Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive, if they have not arrived 5 days before the event contact us on 0871 220 0260
Please do not contact us earlier as we will not be able to give you an exact answer until closer to the show.

A group of us are going down to Cardiff to catch them on the first night, now I have been to Cardiff before but have never been to the venue (Solus) and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a few bars near there for a pre gig beer or two?

Or have any of you seen any bands at this venue before? If so what's it like? I mean is the bar cheap and open late? Is the "security" strict - can we expect to queue for ages? etc....any help/advice will be gratefully appreciated! Thanks!

P.S Please take a moment out of your day to remember Mike Alexander, a band who could have gone far, my thoughts are with him and all who knew him - thank you.

A group of us are going down to Cardiff to catch them on the first night, now I have been to Cardiff before but have never been to the venue (Solus) and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a few bars near there for a pre gig beer or two?

Or have any of you seen any bands at this venue before? If so what's it like? I mean is the bar cheap and open late? Is the "security" strict - can we expect to queue for ages? etc....any help/advice will be gratefully appreciated! Thanks!

P.S Please take a moment out of your day to remember Mike Alexander, a band who could have gone far, my thoughts are with him and all who knew him - thank you.

Its a pretty small venue, in the Cardiff Student Union building, similar in size to TJ's in Newport, if you've been there. Can't recommend any bars as I'm not a local, and only been there once for a gig; Celtic Frost/Kreator back in 2006. Can't remember the security, but we arrived late so there were no qeues to get in lol. It was a great gig anyway, I personally like smaller venues as you get to be closer to the bands/stage, Celtic Frost were awesome there, excellent atmosphere with their set (although thats probably due to the band/material lol).

As its a nightclub, they do have regular club nights after gigs if I remember correctly, there was some problems with set times in the Kreator/CF gig because they had to open up for the regular club night afterwards, so one of the opening bands (Watain) had to sit out of the gig. Can't remember the beer prices either, but I wouldn't imagine they'd be that bad, seeing as its a Student Uni bar!