Amorphis' forthcoming 4-disc CD/DVD set

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
This is from their facebook. Looks like it should be quite a kickass set.

"The live DVD "Forging The Land Of Thousand Lakes", filmed in Oulu/FI during the 2009 tour, will be relased in early June. Watch out for the limited four-disc Deluxe Edition, which will contain two DVDs and two CDs: DVD 1 - the Oulu concert (also available in Dolby Digital 5.1) DVD 2 - the complete Summer Breeze 2009 gig, a video documentary, promo video clips & a photo gallery CD 1+2 - the complete Oulu gig."

I only discovered them last year via Skyforger, but really want to see them live. I shall definitely be picking this up. :)

Eclipse is the album that got me into this band, but I would have to say that I like Skyforger even more so.

1. Quit following me. ;)

2. Really? I liked Skyforger, but found that there were more harmonies and better writing all around in Eclipse. Eclipse's songs seemed more diverse and passionate... there just seemed to be way more emotion in Eclipse than in Skyforger. Skyforger seems very melancholy. Which isn't a bad thing, I just thought it was lacking a lot of the passion that Eclipse was.

-MetalRose

I got into this band with Elegy, and the new stuff rekindles that which made that album so good. Loving the new Amorphis, which is great, because so many bands seem to never be able to get back to what made them so great after releasing some lackluster material.

Good album to start with, but may I suggest Tales from A Thousand lakes and Elicpse?

-MetalRose

I've been delving into their back catalog -- I own Eclipse, Tales is on my to-buy list. My favorite so far is actually Silent Waters; I love practically every song on that album.

I've been delving into their back catalog -- I own Eclipse, Tales is on my to-buy list. My favorite so far is actually Silent Waters; I love practically every song on that album.

I wouldn't say Silent Waters is my overall favorite from Amorphis, but it's my favorite of their three most recent (i.e., the good recent) CDs. Consistently great, and sometimes stellar ("Towards And Against").