An Update From Pain of Salvation

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Announcing European acoustic tour, next release and Russian shows!

Kicking off activities in 2013, Swedish Pain of Salvation are ready to embark on more worldwide touring. The upcoming European tour in April will be exclusively acoustic based and Pain of Salvation will be joined for the 3 weeks of dates by Dutch singer/songwriter Anneke Van Giersbergen (ex The Gathering) and Árstíðir from Iceland, making this a remarkably interesting package.

The tour is to coincide with Pain of Salvation’s upcoming album release via InsideOutMusic, featuring newly recorded acoustic versions of hand picked Pain of Salvation songs. More details about this special album project will be made public soon.

These are all the dates of the European tour:

PAIN OF SALVATION - ACOUSTIC 2013
special guests: Anneke Van Giersbergen & Árstíðir

03.04.2013 – Krakow (Poland) @ Kwadrat
04.04.2013 – Warsaw (Poland) @ Progresja
05.04.2013 – Prague (Czech Republic) @ Klub Nova Chmelnice
06.04.2013 – Bratislava (Slovakia) @ Majestic Music Club
07.04.2013 – Budapest (Hungary) @ Club 202
08.04.2013 – Wien (Austria) @ Szene
10.04.2013 – Bologna (Italy) @ Estragon
11.04.2013 – Rome (Italy) @ Orion
12.04.2013 – Milano (Italy) @ Magazzini Generali
13.04.2013 – Yverdon (Switzerland) @ Amalgame
14.04.2013 – Toul (France) @ Chez Paulette
15.04.2013 – London (UK) @ The Garage
17.04.2013 – Paris (France) @ Le Trabendo
18.04.2013 – Pratteln (Switzerland) @ Z7
19.04.2013 – Weert (The Netherlands) @ De Bosuil
20.04.2013 – Zoetermeer (The Netherlands) @ Boerderij
21.04.2013 – Essen (Germany) @ Turock

Prior to the European tour, Pain of Salvation will also be perfoming two regular headline shows in Russia:

16.02.2013 – Moscow (Russia) @ Moscow Concert Hall
17.02.2013 – St. Petersburg (Russia) @ Arctica

(Note from the editor about the next sentence: "Ahem")

Furthermore, Pain of Salvation will be heading out to tour in North America in May. More details about these shows in the USA and Canada will follow soon...

Also, Daniel has a new hair cut!

icpRqvfsI94ar.jpg

Pfft.

[Rant]
Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge fanboy (I mean, look at my user name), but I really was hoping for a studio album first. While the clips I have seen from the live acoustic shows they have done recently have been breathtaking, they need to move on from Road Salt. I know I am probably on a sparsely populated island here when I say that I liked RS1 and really liked RS2. It was not near their previous stuff IMO, but still a cool experiment. The problem is that they have been stuck in that sound since 2009. The great thing about the band previously was, if you did not like their current experimentation, just wait until the next album and you will get something different. They have been in this raw 70's retro sound for one Ep and two LPS.

I know some of this was out of their hands (they kinda rushed because they thought they were going on the Prog Nation Tour and the label wanted two albums) but it should have been a double album. I think it would be a wiser move to do another studio album first
[/rant]

Having said that, if they play a southern California date I will be there for sure.

10 nights.
3 bands.
A lifetime of memories... (ok, that was cheesy, :lol:)

And note that the US/Canada tour will *NOT* be the acoustic one ;)

10 nights? Well I'm definitely getting no joy out here in the metal wasteland. So much sadface.

EDIT: lol, Jem and I are depressed at the same time for the same reason.

Pfft.

[Rant]
Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge fanboy (I mean, look at my user name), but I really was hoping for a studio album first. While the clips I have seen from the live acoustic shows they have done recently have been breathtaking, they need to move on from Road Salt. I know I am probably on a sparsely populated island here when I say that I liked RS1 and really liked RS2. It was not near their previous stuff IMO, but still a cool experiment. The problem is that they have been stuck in that sound since 2009. The great thing about the band previously was, if you did not like their current experimentation, just wait until the next album and you will get something different. They have been in this raw 70's retro sound for one Ep and two LPS.

I know some of this was out of their hands (they kinda rushed because they thought they were going on the Prog Nation Tour and the label wanted two albums) but it should have been a double album. I think it would be a wiser move to do another studio album first
[/rant]

Having said that, if they play a southern California date I will be there for sure.

I wonder if part of it is all the lineup turnover they had the past couple of years. Kinda hard to do a new album when you don't have a stable lineup.

I'm looking forward to seeing them at RoSFest. It has been way too long.

I wonder if part of it is all the lineup turnover they had the past couple of years. Kinda hard to do a new album when you don't have a stable lineup.

I'm looking forward to seeing them at RoSFest. It has been way too long.

Plan to arrive for the Friday night kick off. It'll be so worth it!

Actively planning a NYC trip now. :D Although I sure wish I could afford a flight to Amsterdam to hit up De Boerderij.