Anathema: I'm thrilled beyond words...

THIS! Nothing personal against anyone, but I will never understand the "skip it" mentality. You travel all the way to Atlanta so why not give all bands at least a shot. Check out after a few tunes if it isn't your thing.

The band that gets that catches the most shit in advance of the show is usually the one that puts everything into their set and kicks your ass.

DSO....Ihsahn...Mustash....the list goes on and on.

I just don't fucking understand it....

You know my attempts and failures to get Native Construct...but I'm doing just this...
actually its Brittany that will want to see everything,or try to as this is her first one ..
If anything(like Tara Babcock),she will grow roots out her butt into her seat and only get up to use the bathroom...while I get bored and wander the lobby,lol...
But make no mistake,Anathema is what got her coming here(as did Riverside)

strangely her faves are the more rocking mid era stuff(Alternative 4,Judgement and Natural Disaster)

Glenn,

I think some of it is that to some who come, the music isn't the only reason why they come. They come to hang with friends, or band members. If they aren't interested in a band, they do something else they want to do. Personally, I'm here for the bands. The only reason why I'd completely skip a band is if I had seen them live before and didn't care for them. (Recent examples: Blackguard, Primordial) And for me the main reason to do that is to eat, because there is no dinner break.

THIS! Nothing personal against anyone, but I will never understand the "skip it" mentality. You travel all the way to Atlanta so why not give all bands at least a shot. Check out after a few tunes if it isn't your thing.

In my case the "skip it" mentality is more a case of being prepared for the next day. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets brutalized from the reckless pace of ProgPower, and I've seen some pretty hurting individuals on Saturday afternoon.

The band that gets that catches the most shit in advance of the show is usually the one that puts everything into their set and kicks your ass.

I've never given any band shit in advance. If I'm not fond of the show, I don't come that year. Therion both gigs are the only PPUSA years I've missed in 12 years.I've never skipped a band until I skipped Sabaton's set in 2013, followed the following year by skipping Stratovarious. I've been coming to Atlanta since 2003. I've noticed as I get older I just can't hang until 2 am for 3 or 4 days.
The pace kills me!
In saying that, there have been many bands over the years that kicked my ass, but none that I didn't like previous to the shows. Anathema just doesn't register any fondness for me

I just don't fucking understand it....

You can't possibly figure it out Glenn. Everybody has their own things that drive somebody else nuts. It's the way of the world.

Here's hoping that Anathema kicks my ass. See you in September!