And they said it didn't exist (for the Shawn Ames/Lordbane fans)

Ghost Wind

Oct 26, 2011
So some guy, who claims to know Shawn Ames, put some demo material of the never released Morpheous/The Needles Eye, on YouTube. I, for one, consider Lordbane/Age of Elegance, one of the all time greats, and have been waiting forever for the Morpheous stuff to see the light of day. It probably never officially will but here is one of the demo tracks. Why this guy isn't fronting some band now blows my mind! Yeah, the song is only in demo form, but you can really hear the creative brilliance Ames has to offer. This tune just oozes atmosphere, with some eerie mystique as well. His emotional wailing vocals remind me of Crimson Glory's Midnight, but maybe a little deeper sounding. Also, just like on the Lordbane disc, he's a great guitar player, nice tasty leadwork that just flows well with the song. Enough rambling. Just listen to the tune and check out the other tracks offered as well. I suggest listening to them on headphones to really the capture the vibe.

Last edited by a moderator:
So some guy, who claims to know Shawn Ames, put some demo material of the never released Morpheous/The Needles Eye, on YouTube. I, for one, consider Lordbane/Age of Elegance, one of the all time greats, and have been waiting forever for the Morpheous stuff to see the light of day. It probably never officially will but here is one of the demo tracks. Why this guy isn't fronting some band now blows my mind! Yeah, the song is only in demo form, but you can really hear the creative brilliance Ames has to offer. This tune just oozes atmosphere, with some eerie mystique as well. His emotional wailing vocals remind me of Crimson Glory's Midnight, but maybe a little deeper sounding. Also, just like on the Lordbane disc, he's a great guitar player, nice tasty leadwork that just flows well with the song. Enough rambling. Just listen to the tune and check out the other tracks offered as well. I suggest listening to them on headphones to really the capture the vibe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedXCL4Og0w

The entire Morpheous album is amazing - just as great as "Age of Elegance". Too bad we never got around to get it released.

Btw: funny story: we were supposed to use that cover originally, but never got to finalize the album, and instead we bought it for the Astral Doors album and altered it slightly :)

Oh wow oh wow
oh wow....................

Claus,are any of these projects ever going to see the light of day....
Some of the most incredible music,I would settle for the demos at this point

I loved Lord Bane. Might even have the AOE cassette around here somewhere. Not too sure on this, but I let it run the whole song instead of getting bored and cutting out less than a minute in, as I usually do...

Awesome band! Why was this never released??? I'd love to hear the whole thing. Couldn't they release the whole thing in mp3 form at least?