Anvil Experience Change

Chicago show alert....House of Blues Chicago, Sun, Jan 10, 2010 06:00 PM....outrageous ticket options abound....Check out the Ticketmaster listing
BOGO 2 for 1 tickets
Section 7 Gadget tickets
Paperfast complimentary tickets
4 pack tickets

Is there no one going to this?

Chicago show alert....House of Blues Chicago, Sun, Jan 10, 2010 06:00 PM....outrageous ticket options abound....Check out the Ticketmaster listing
BOGO 2 for 1 tickets
Section 7 Gadget tickets
Paperfast complimentary tickets
4 pack tickets

Is there no one going to this?

I was debating. It'll probably be a last minute decision. Not the biggest fan but I like some of their stuff and this will probably be the one and only time to see them. I still say it was pretty stupid to book them at HOB.

I still say it was pretty stupid to book them at HOB.

Why? The HOB in Houston is one of the best sounding venues in town. I have yet to hear a bad concert in this place and there's excellent visibility throughout the floorplan. I'm glad to see it replace the usual small to mid-size rock and metal venues in town ... which consisted of converted warehouses and small bars. Those old venues had either decent or poor sound. So I am happy to see HOB book the hard rock and metal bands.

As for Anvil, I just ordered my ticket. I am not a big fan of this band but it could be fun. The band certainly has enthusiasm. And they are just goofy and earnest enough to make it entertaining.

Why? The HOB in Houston is one of the best sounding venues in town. I have yet to hear a bad concert in this place and there's excellent visibility throughout the floorplan. I'm glad to see it replace the usual small to mid-size rock and metal venues in town ... which consisted of converted warehouses and small bars. Those old venues had either decent or poor sound. So I am happy to see HOB book the hard rock and metal bands.

As for Anvil, I just ordered my ticket. I am not a big fan of this band but it could be fun. The band certainly has enthusiasm. And they are just goofy and earnest enough to make it entertaining.

I think you misunderstood my comment. HOB in Chicago is actually my favorite venue in Chicago. The reason I said it was stupid is it probably is too pricey for the lack of a turnout they will end up getting. If I go (which I probably will) it'll probably be the lowest attended HOB show I've ever been to.

Dude, ANVIL sold out the Metro last April, and that was before the documentary came out on DVD.
That show will sell just fine.

ALL the Chicago hipsters love ANVIL now.

Dude, ANVIL sold out the Metro last April, and that was before the documentary came out on DVD.
That show will sell just fine.

ALL the Chicago hipsters love ANVIL now.

Interesting. I did not even know they played the Metro last April, either. Despite more popularity, I would've figured they still weren't very popular as in concert attendance. I would've thought maybe something like Reggies or the Metro as you say. Good to know.

The reason the Metro show was sold out was because it was the Chicago Premier of the movie. It was also a limited seating thing so it wasnt like the Metro could fill it up to full capacity. This show will be half full at most.

The reason the Metro show was sold out was because it was the Chicago Premier of the movie. It was also a limited seating thing so it wasnt like the Metro could fill it up to full capacity. This show will be half full at most.

I didn't go to the Metro so I dunno, but I will say that this was not the Chicago premier for the movie. That took place during the Chicago International Film Festival two Novembers ago. However, most of the metal crowd probably didn't know about that, so that might be why. This one is really hard to say what the crowd will be like. I'm guessing the turnout will be very low initially because from what I hear, in place of the film they're having local bands fill the spot.

For the Chicago show you can now buy "Paperfast Complimentary tickets" through Ticketmaster.

That's $0 for the ticket, $2.25 for the convenience fee and $0.12 for taxes.
Total price ticket: $2.37

I doubt they will let you just walk in. I am sure they will charge something. I guess this isnt selling as well as Jason thought it was.

Nope. I got that complimentary ticket info as well. Like I said earlier, they were out of their minds picking HOB as the venue. They may have gained more fans but not enough.

I doubt they will let you just walk in. I am sure they will charge something. I guess this isnt selling as well as Jason thought it was.

Guess not!!! I suppose their 15 minutes are up!
I do enjoy their Forged in Fire album quite a bit.
I think Lips is a major goof though.
Could be fun to see live, though not a priority.

Guess not!!! I suppose their 15 minutes are up!
I do enjoy their Forged in Fire album quite a bit.
I think Lips is a major goof though.
Could be fun to see live, though not a priority.

Agreed. He is a goof but I still find him amusing at times. I just wish he'd tone it down. Reiner I do think is a very good drummer though. What this band really needs though is a second guitarist like they had for a while as I don't think Lips cuts it as the sole guitarist.

Agreed. He is a goof but I still find him amusing at times. I just wish he'd tone it down. Reiner I do think is a very good drummer though. What this band really needs though is a second guitarist like they had for a while as I don't think Lips cuts it as the sole guitarist.

+1. Anybody who actually saw them perform on That Metal Show or one of the late night talk shows will attest to this. I was all gung ho about these guys until I actually saw them on TV performing and Lips' guitar playing was god-awful. A shame, cuz I really want to support them....but just can't bring myself to do it.

+1. Anybody who actually saw them perform on That Metal Show or one of the late night talk shows will attest to this. I was all gung ho about these guys until I actually saw them on TV performing and Lips' guitar playing was god-awful. A shame, cuz I really want to support them....but just can't bring myself to do it.

looks like Earthen Grave is one of the openers.

Nice, the addition of Earthen Grave places me one step closer to going.
Will still be a last minute decision.

Seriously though....
If you are going to add openers, you can't do it the week OF the show.

Who would find out about it?