Any fans of Peter Gabriel here?

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
I am listening to his Shaking The Tree greatest hits cd and was curious if anyone else here likes Peter Gabriel?

curious if anyone else here likes Peter Gabriel?
I think Peter Gabriel is kind of ok. Yeah, maybe I like his music a little...
No, seriously, and truthfully, while I don't consider myself a fan of anyone or anything, if you ask my wife she'll tell you, (and she's probably right too), that I'm a huge Peter Gabriel fan. ;)
Secret World Live is probably my favorite album. I prefer the newer albums to the older ones. In fact, I hardly ever listen to the nameless albums.
That said, when it comes to Genesis I prefer the PG era. Where "Nursery Cryme" would be my favorite.

Oh, yes. Like when compared to Sinead on 'Blood of Eden', woa, paula really moves me!!!

Yes, what a fabulous song... I infinitely prefer the SWL versions of most of those. I guess anyone at our wedding can attest to that, as we used the fantastic version from there of "In Your Eyes" to close out the reception. And probably drove everyone nuts at Six Flags the following day singing "Kiss That Frog." :b

And, yes, Urban is a huge PG fan. :D I used to like only a few songs of his, but I can safely say I now like probably 7 or 8. ;)

Shaye

P.S. This is so ironic, too, since I was singing (badly) "Don't Give Up" last night on the phone.

GOod to see some additional fans out there, especially Shane and Urban!!

I celebrate his entire catalog, and Peter Gabriel has really put out a consistently good product his entire career. My favorites are definitely the early Genesis albums: Nursery Crime, Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound.

Yep, I've been a fan of his for a long time. And I'll have to agree for the most part - the better songs are not the "single" songs. Tremendously talented fellow!

Another vote here for Secret World Live -- just amazing stuff.

One of my truly religious musical experiences was hearing "Across the River" in my car as I was driving next to the Ocoee River up in Tennessee, right around sunset with the sun sinking into Parksville Lake and setting the western sky afire......it still gives me shivers to this very day. :kickass: