Any newbies like me going to PPUSA?? Just a little intro...

this is my 4th ProgPower, PP VII (2006) being my first.... You WILL want to come back every year... You'll meet an s'load of people, you'll forget most of their names and you'll have the TIME of your life...

Between the great music and all the awesome people, you just can't go wrong...

Will do, but after Reverend Su´s picture.....I wouldn´t even try to top that....damn!!!!

Yes, we all live in the shadow of the Su. *sigh* Who looks even more fabulous last time I saw her... :D

Seriously, I just echo what everyone else has said... look at the poster, talk to people... don't be afraid to go up to someone and say "Hey, are you that templeofmax guy??" I have gotten so many people's names wrong, and mixed up (or I can only remember their damned handle :lol:), and no one's yelled at me yet. ;) I've met some of my closest friends (not to mention my husband) at and through ProgPower just by going up and talking to someone.

Shaye

My first ProgPower was back in 2002 (PP3). Haven't stopped coming since. All of you newbies are in for the weekend of your lives.

I think everyone here can agree that this is what we look forward to throughout the whole year. This is OUR thing. I, for one, can't wait.

If you guys need anything, don't hesitate to ask. All you really need to do is make sure you enjoy yourself and have fun!

Yes, we all live in the shadow of the Su. *sigh* Who looks even more fabulous last time I saw her... :D

Seriously, I just echo what everyone else has said... look at the poster, talk to people... don't be afraid to go up to someone and say "Hey, are you that templeofmax guy??" I have gotten so many people's names wrong, and mixed up (or I can only remember their damned handle :lol:), and no one's yelled at me yet. ;) I've met some of my closest friends (not to mention my husband) at and through ProgPower just by going up and talking to someone.

Shaye

Well if she looks even more fantastic than last time - that will be hard to top - BUT does she have an Alabama jersey? Too bad the Tide won't be playing Georgia again during this years fest :)

Hail Tide
jeff

Shaye

:::oops:::
ok seriously, stop - i do NOT look fabulous, Shaye is still far more a "skinny bitch" than i could ever be (and i really do mean that in the nicest possible way!!!!) - i just look...Su-ish :)

but true - people, look at the posted, don't be shy (like I happen to be ;)) and just talk to folks - i have never seen anyone get shot down for just walking up and talking with someone

Well if she looks even more fantastic than last time - that will be hard to top - BUT does she have an Alabama jersey? Too bad the Tide won't be playing Georgia again during this years fest :)

Hail Tide
jeff

The Su doesn't have any football jerseys of the college variety (and actually, come to think of it, she doesn't have any football jerseys of any variety...hmmm) - mainly because she doesn't have a college team for which she cheers. but she does love football (slightly less than she loves hockey) :)

The Su doesn't have any football jerseys of the college variety (and actually, come to think of it, she doesn't have any football jerseys of any variety...hmmm) - mainly because she doesn't have a college team for which she cheers. but she does love football (slightly less than she loves hockey) :)

But I know someone who has a few she could borrow, including a Crimson Tide jersey... ;)

(And we *will* be discussing the whole fabulous/not fabulous thing in more detail sometime this week so nah. :p)

This'll be my first year as well. I'm going with some people who've been before though, and they assure me it's a great time. I'm most excited for DSO; I first heard them when they uploaded a few tracks from their debut to Sonic Cathedral, and I was immediately hooked. It'll be wonderful to spend a few days with some fellow metalheads.

We'll be the ones holding a beer in each hand.

3874544717_115818af5c.jpg

Which one's which? This pic can go in the Posters and Nametags thread.

I have found in my experience that my earplugs allow me to enjoy the show as good as anyone and I suffer much less deterioration of the hearing.

To me metal is life, the sole idea of becoming deaf if one of my deepest primal fears (and yes I'm gonna have earplugs at Scheepers' band show too :lol:).

They also allow you to sleep in very noisy environments! :lol:

BTW... can anyone tell me at what time the showcase begins on Thursday?

:oops:sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but I can't find the time anywhere

BTW... can anyone tell me at what time the showcase begins on Thursday?

Hi Pabla! Here they are:

Doors Open: 6:00pm

Band Set Times:

Primal Fear 10:30pm - 12:00am
Enchant 8:45pm - 10:00pm
Suspyre 7:30pm - 8:15pm
Future’s End 6:15pm - 7pm

~ Jen

Hi Pabla! Here they are:

Doors Open: 6:00pm

Band Set Times:

Primal Fear 10:30pm - 12:00am
Enchant 8:45pm - 10:00pm
Suspyre 7:30pm - 8:15pm
Future’s End 6:15pm - 7pm

~ Jen

Thanks so much!

:oops:I actually just realized yesterday that Enchant were playing, I am so thrilled! I haven't been able to keep up with news/board as much as I'd like to the last couple of months.

Thanks so much!

:oops:I actually just realized yesterday that Enchant were playing, I am so thrilled! I haven't been able to keep up with news/board as much as I'd like to the last couple of months.

You're welcome! If you have a facebook, you should consider becoming a fan at http://www.facebook.com/progpowerusa - updates are added almost daily.

~ Jen

They also allow you to sleep in very noisy environments! :lol:

And you can bet I'm gonna fall asleep again this year :heh:, hope the seats at the venue are as confortable as those in the Loft in 2006.

And you can bet I'm gonna fall asleep again this year :heh:, hope the seats at the venue are as confortable as those in the Loft in 2006.

You gotta admit though, that picture is just classic! :kickass: