Any of you going to pick up a DS?

Grinch

LIK ONG!!!LMAO!!111!!!.
Aug 22, 2004
Why the hell do you care?
Since it's rumored, or factual, to be released sometime during Thanksgiving, and now rumors that are either BS or true of a 200 dollar price tag, anyone considering on getting one? The unit itself looks better anyway, considering the redesign. As for titles looming this holiday, "New" Super Mario Bros. seems some-what interesting, as other titles that use the Double Screen. The unit itself looks like a direct clone of a G & W, but don't mind that. If anyone wants to assume this as being a form of a Nintendo Fanboy Thread, you're false. I'm currently only getting this to play GBA games, the fact that *maybe* old Dragon Quest titles released on the machine (Dragon Quest VI, V, hopefully IV) and maybe some FF ports (FFIII, FFVI.) At least it'll have a broader section of RPG's, than the horrid GBA.

11-nintendo-inside.jpg

Gameboy DS

Looks to basically have the power of a Nintendo 64. Looks like its gonna have some sweet support titles. I don't really know specifics though. Seems interesting to me.

Edgecrusher said:
PSP?

I'll probably wait til it goes WAY down in price.

The price is probably going to be crazy, around $300.00 it looks. The only good games I've seen anounced for it are Metal Gear Acid, and Tales of Eternia (Tales of Phantasia 2 in JPN, Tales of Destiny 2 in America.) I don't know about the DS though, as for Metroid Prime Hunters. Hopefully, Miyamoto will come up with something.

Edgecrusher said:
PSP?

I'll probably wait til it goes WAY down in price.
yeah, that's it.

I was reading an article in electronic gaming about the ds and psp, and I like the psp more.. it looks cool
I won't be getting any of them right away though

I dunno about PSP...I kinda like simplicity in my hand held games. I dont travel that much so I guess if I wanted to play Socom or some other 3D heavy game, I'd just assume play it on a console.

The two screen DS thing seems kinda gimmicky too and I can't see any real likely situation where I'd say "Damn, what would I do without this extra screen!?"

Nope. Not I. I'm too old for video games.

Most likely no but if any good games come out for it I may buy it. The thing is I'm not too big on haldhelds. I remember I had an GBA and I sold it after a few months of having it.