ATL Metal Fans - Pathfinder Promotions Presents...

Just a quick note that I have updated this post and the July 17th show.

We'll now be featuring a short set of music at the end of the night to pay tribute to Ronnie James Dio. This set will be similar to the show this past weekend where Eternal Hour will act as the house band and we will have a few guest singers from local bands. It's sure to be a great time so come on out. :)

and look for an announcement very soon that will tear the very fabric of time and space itself! ...

:erk: while this announcement fell through, there are still some great bands I am finalizing this week that should be announced (at long last) by this weekend or the first of next week.

I will also be announcing several 'local showcases' involving Atlanta area bands I have yet to work with. One of these shows will be the second-ever Pathfinder all extreme metal show. So all you death/thrash fans stay tuned. :kickass:

I've been following the Universe divide ever since I saw an ad they put in cragislist looking for a singer. I thought about auditioning but I don't think my voice could do that awesomeness any modcium of justice.

Plus I don't have a PA anymore :(

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

It's never to early to make your plans for the international heavy metal holiday, Halloween weekend. This year, the place for true metal heads to be is Marietta, Georgia for the Pathfinder MetalFest 2010. Icarus Witch are excited to announce they have been added as one of the featured artists on this stellar bill that will be headlined by Jon Oliva's Pain!

This has been a banner year for the Witch - already including a North American tour backing original Iron Maiden vocalist, Paul DiAnno, support slots with Lizzy Borden, a high profile appearance at Warriors Of Metal Open Air, an upcoming gig with Otep and a soon-to-launch summer tour opening for Y&T that peaks with a slot at Midwest Rock Fest along side Twisted Sister! The news of playing with yet another hero in Savatage / Trans Siberian Orchestra vocal legend Jon Oliva just gives the band and its circle a fall to look forward to as well.

The Pathfinder MetalFest will be held October 30, 2010 at:
The Local Concert Venue - 1440 Roswell Rd. Marietta, GA 30062

Last edited by a moderator:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Theocracy joins the lineup for the Pathfinder MetalFest 2010!

Theocracy is a metal band from Athens, Ga., whose melodic style has more in common with their European contemporaries than with most of their U.S. counterparts. Characterized by huge choruses, epic arrangements and progressive elements, Theocracy’s music is both immediate and deep, managing to be instantly catchy and memorable, yet revealing new levels of intricacy and depth with each subsequent listen.

Their sophomore album Mirror of Souls was mixed by Smith at the band’s Theocracized Studios and mastered by Mikka Jussila at Finnvox, and the muscular, clear production is a perfect complement to the songs. Recording and Production has begun on their third album.

~~~​

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Artizan to perform at the Pathfinder MetalFest:

Dangerdog.com states "Artizan's debut EP is substantial evidence that this band is onto something very good. The work is blessed by well-crafted compositions which blend melodic hooks with developed, but not overbearingly complex, progressive arrangements. Each of the three songs quickly piques your interest and pulls you in. Braden's vocals may be the highlight here as he soars with a strength uncommon in most modern metal vocals. Equally impressive is the vigorous fret work which, at times, mimics old school classic metal yet with renewed energy and passion. This is solid stuff: an easy and entertaining listen for all melodic metal fans, yet with enough twists to keep prog fans happy. Any label worth its melodic heavy metal salt should hook up with Artizan at the first opportunity."

~~~​

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Atlanta melodic prog-power metal band Void of Reason
returns to perform at the Pathfinder MetalFest 2010.

back by popular demand, Void of Reason (VOR) was a stand out local act at the inaugural Pathfinder MetalFest in Oct 2009. Their songs are fresh and exciting, full of energy and life. 2010 brings new energy to the band with the addition of a second guitarist and even more dynamic songwriting.

and just to keep everyone on their toes, here's one that you probably didn't see coming from me... :devil:

0807-600x750.jpg

The opening band is Sadistic Ritual, a young modern thrash act with influences ranging from Kreator and Sadus to Municipal Waste and SkeletonWitch. I saw one of their early shows back in January and they were really very good. Looking forward to presenting them to more of the Atlanta metal base.

Some people reading this were able to witness the epic groove metal of Tortus when they opened for EPICA earlier this year. If you missed them at that show, you owe it to yourself to check them out on Aug 7th. They are the next generation of metal in Atlanta.

Thirteen Autumn Rituals is a band I've wanted to work with for a while now. Influenced by bands like Slayer, Pantera, Death and Testament, the music thrashes through brutal riffs and unusual technical passages. With their intellectually stimulating lyrical tapestries, the band has opted to delve into the darkest recesses of humanity, life and death.

and then witness the brutality that is Prime Mover... Best described as Southern Black Metal, Prime Mover's sound is a mixture of many different elements; varying styles of Metal such as thrash, death, sludge and black metal, classical, punk, southern rock, funk - pretty much anything and everything resulting in something completely unique. Haunting guitar melodies are layered over jarring rhythms. Slow majestic fist-pounding riffs give way to passages of break-neck speed. Vocals vary from mournful to outright blistering. Wedged somewhere between Black Sabbath and Emperor, these Atlanta metal veterans will give the show title 'August Annihilation' meaning.

~~~​