Back into the studio after summer??

Oct 23, 2006
Québec City, Québec, Canada
Will Opeth be back at writing after summer festivals. I hope they will go for an early 2010 release and maybe the first mike solo album. At least an EP. I want that 40 minutes black metal song! lol...What do you think? More Tourning???I think it's enough.

At the Jersey show Mike said they are going to do a European tour after the US tour, take a break, and then start writing a new album. So I would guess new album in 2011.

Maybe at that point Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree will be done touring and the Akerfeldt/Wilson/Portnoy project can start?

I still say Opeth's next album will come out either late 2010 or early 2011.
It's possible they'll go on a Tool-esque hiatus, but I highly doubt it.

Will Opeth be back at writing after summer festivals. I hope they will go for an early 2010 release and maybe the first mike solo album. At least an EP. I want that 40 minutes black metal song! lol...What do you think? More Tourning???I think it's enough.

You think it's enough you selfish motherfucker ??? hun?? enough?? how many times have you seen them in one year?? 4 ? 3 time?? of course 8 hours of Opeth in one year are fucking enough?? but what people here who never saw them?? it's not FUCKING ENOUGH !!!!
Kidding dude :D
But as said before, Mike said he will start writing after the next fall, when they stop touring. So maybe another year and half like last time of songwriting?? I hope not..but well... I don't care about how long it takes as far as it will be a good album like Watershed

I just wish I'll get a chance to see them again soon, and someplace that's not a festival where they play a 45 min. set. Last time I saw them was on the BWP tour, in a very small venue. I just hope I get to see them in some place with a nice stage and good sound. Here in Luxembourg we've had a great venue, suitably called "Rock-hall" with 2 stages, one with 1200 ppl capacity, and one with 6500 ppl capacity. I wish they came here after the summer festivals. Unfortunately, this so-called "Rock hall" mainly books mainstream pop/rock crap. :( Well, today, Depeche Mode will kick off their world-tour there, so maybe it gets some publicity from it and we get better acts...

I want my Opeth!

I think Mikke will want to concentrate on his side projects after the next album is finished and the tour done. But he will keep Opeth intact...lets hope!;)

He doesn't need a side project or anything while he does what he wants in Opeth, that's what he said, and he proved that in Watershed, and previously in Damnation am I wrong?

He doesn't need a side project or anything while he does what he wants in Opeth, that's what he said, and he proved that in Watershed, and previously in Damnation am I wrong?

Dude, he is already in like 7 side projects,lol. I don't think he will ever be more interested in them than Opeth, but who knows...everything comes to an end, sadly.

what are his current 7 side projects? hes been a guest on a number of albums and been part of things like bloodbath but since the only band hes in is opeth afaik

Yeah, I'd hardly call a few guest appearances on a handful of records 'side projects'. Now that Opeth is such a touring entity there really isn't much time for side projects I'd imagine...well, not unless you want a life.

I'm not too concerned how long it is until they realease their next record, just as long as it is of the highest quality I'm stoked.