Band Wishes for PP4

All I have to say is at some point in time in my life, whether it be PP4, PP25, or the heavenly realms, I had BETTER see these bands:
Tunnelvision
Sonata Arctica
Opeth
Kamelot
Children Of Bodom

Performances that would be legendary and near impossible:
Ayreon/Star One
Therion
Demons & Wizards (shut up! I know it won't happen!)
Avantasia

Bands I would ~like~ to see but would still breathe if I didn't:
Sex Machineguns (yes, chibi, I actually know who they are!)Metalium
Andromeda
Evergrey
Vanden Plas
Candelario
Radakka (however it's spelled)
Heavenly

~Sh0kr0k~

I really want Edguy back next year......but if they play back to back years then they can't.......well if they can't play back to back years CHANGE THE POLICY! They absolutely rocked! Anyway, here are the others in no particular order......

Rhapsody
Vanden Plas (they're amazing)
Enchant
Magnitude 9 (has anyone mentioned them?)
Kamelot
Hammerfall
ARK
Ring of Fire
Freedom Call
EDGUY!!!! (did I mention them?)

Originally posted by zinescene
See post about 4 above yours. All to Human was my choice for opening day 2. Great band, love the new CD!

Ah yes, there it is indeed! Awesome! Nice to see you as one of those Dream Evil picks. Im a huge fan of all 3 of Gus G's bands. Have you heard his band FIREWIND as well? Kick ass shit!

I still cant believe no ones into PAGANS MIND to want them at a prog power. This band just blows me away. The new CD is brilliant.

Heres another great pick....

THUNDERSTONE!

I see so many people picking the same bands that have already played. Cmon theres tons of kick ass power/prog metal bands out there to need to pick the same ones again.

hmm a serious one for me...

first night:
Heavenly
Aria
Sinergy
Evergrey
Helloween

SEcond Night:
Heimdall
Sonata Arctica
Rhapsody
Evergrey
Stratovarius

i would probably cream my pants if that happened :) and its realistic actually...

I can tell you with near-certainty that Iced Earth is headlining 1 of the 2 nights next year. I also am absolutely certain that Evergrey is playing next year as well. That leaves 8 bands to fill.

I wouldn't be surprised in the LEAST to find out that Stratovarius headlines the 2nd night. Other bands that I wouldn't be surprised with next year:

Rhapsody
Opeth (depends on their coming US tour)
Symphony X
Katagory V (yeah, Dustin!)
Sonata Arctica

And personally, I'd cut off a couple fingers or toes just to get Helloween back to the USA. But I'm going to Europe for 3 weeks next summer, so maybe I'll get my fill :)

Originally posted by Soundscape

The Gathering is 1 I am curious would still fit but would be a huge draw since they have a large int'l following. Also wonder if any of the Dt sideprojects like JellyJam or Mullmuzzler would be a possibility. Even Planet X.

Wow, would I ever like to see The Gathering!!! That would be amazing, most certainly!

I think that's a very good idea abotu the DT side-projects! I'd realyl like to see JellyJam & Planet X, but my vote would be for Mullmuzzler (anything to get James in the building!)

~Sh0kr0k~

Fates would rules, I agree.

I would love to see Edguy again, that was badass. Threshold again actually (those fuckers rocked my world, and I hadn't heard a single track of theirs), and I'm an Angra freak.

But as far as a completely new lineup... if the assumption that Iced Earth and Evergrey are playing next year...

Night 1:
Random Prog band 1
Sonata Arctica
Primal Fear
Evergrey
Fates Warning

Night 2:
Random Prog Band 2
Rhapsody
Planet X
Helloween
Iced Earth

I'm sure better lineups could be made, but this would work nicely for me... The Random prog band thing comes from me getting an extreme kick out of Reading Zero and Threshold, and I hadn't heard a single song from either of them.

And sorry about the sort of rambling... I drove 12 hours each way to see the show, and did both trips in single days... (Left at about half past midnight thursday evening, and then left atlanta at about 8 am on sunday.. I'm freaking dead)

Regardless of lineup, we need somebody to play another maiden cover!

:headbang:

Day 1
Relatively Unknown Prog band (?)
A technical prog band (Spiral Architect or Ark or something like that)
A nice power metal band (Helloween or Stratovarius)
A heavy prog band (Opeth)
A legendary band! (Fates Warning !)

Day 2
Relatively unknown prog band
A technical prog band (Aghora or Gordian Knot, etc)
A nice power metal band (Hammerfall)
Heavy prog band (Therion)
Legendary band (Iced Earth! ok, maybe not quite legendary yet, but close)

My list is pretty flexible. I'd just like to see at least two technical metal bands, two heavier progressive bands, two power metal bands, two up-cand-coming bands I haven't heard much, and two legend-types for the headliners. This year's progpower was good, but I felt it was lacking on the prog side (except for POS).

Originally posted by Saruman
Day 1

Day 2

My list is pretty flexible. I'd just like to see at least two technical metal bands, two heavier progressive bands, two power metal bands, two up-cand-coming bands I haven't heard much, and two legend-types for the headliners. This year's progpower was good, but I felt it was lacking on the prog side (except for POS).

I agree with legendary band idea.
What about Savatage? I think they deserve the legendary spot. They will make a new album in 03. It would be perfect.

Originally posted by Saruman
Day 1

Day 2

That lineup would kick ass! Is Glenn into putting death type bands tho? (Opeth)

You should add Nightingale to the list.

Originally posted by DrumRman

I still cant believe no ones into PAGANS MIND to want them at a prog power. This band just blows me away. The new CD is brilliant.

I found the bands website and downloaded 5 of the MP3's. Very impressive indeed. Where did you get the CD from? I'd be intersted in hearing the whole disc!

John

Originally posted by zinescene
Give Dimension Hatross a spin. It's an incredible release. Also their cover of Astronomy Domine (Pink FLoyd) was incredible as was the video they did for it.

My picks for NEXT YEAR

Day 1:

Katagory V
Therion
Sonata Arctica
Iced Earth
Vanden Plas

thank's for backing me up on Voivod. when they were good (and admittedly it was a while ago, though Phobos had its moments) they ruled. a comment or two on your choices there, though. Do you really think Therion would come all the way over here for a 45 minute slot? I'd think they'd be a headliner or at the very least an hour slot if they were at the festival (don't know what glen's opinion is though), which is something i'd also love to see.
And on Vanden Plas, i don't know if Glen has forgiven them for skipping out on PP2 yet, cool as it would be to see them. (same concern on Nevermore for whoever suggested them, though i think they gave much more notice than VP did). wow, I'm sort of speaking for glen a lot in this post; perhaps i should shut up.
one other note, for all the people clamoring to see Fates Warning here, I'd personally rather just listen to their cds and leave the headlining slot open for someone else. I saw them open for Savatage and though i do like their music, they were, for lack of a better phrase, really boring. I understand their great importance to the scene, but they nearly put me to sleep live.

Ryan

I too thought Savatage would be a superb choice for one of the headliners, so good call those who did! I also agree that while Fates Warning is absolutely tremendous on record, I can pass on seeing them live. Of course I'm holding out that somehow someway Helloween will finally make it back to these shores...

While I love Savatage, I don't agree with having them headline Prog Power. I have seen them over a dozen times. The point of this festival, as I see it, is to allow the fans to experience music that they were previously unable to witness. There are so many great bands out there, mainly from Europe, that would make it pointless to have Savatage, a U.S. band, that tours the States frequently, headline Prog Power.

Next year's headliners should be either Helloween and Nightwish or Rhapsody and Stratovarius, or any mix of the 4!!!!

Originally posted by nightwish58
While I love Savatage, I don't agree with having them headline Prog Power. I have seen them over a dozen times. The point of this festival, as I see it, is to allow the fans to experience music that they were previously unable to witness. There are so many great bands out there, mainly from Europe, that would make it pointless to have Savatage, a U.S. band, that tours the States frequently, headline Prog Power.

Next year's headliners should be either Helloween and Nightwish or Rhapsody and Stratovarius, or any mix of the 4!!!!

That's an excellent point. If I can go see a band in NYC at least once per year, I don't need to fly to Atlanta (though I probably would anyway since all the excellent people aren't at my show in NYC :D ). With that being said, barring something unforeseen, Iced Earth (a band that yes, we can see) is one of the headliners for next year. I'd have to vote for Helloween as my personal favorite choice for the other (sorry progheads!).

i Wish there bands to PP4:

Sonata Artica
Stratovarious
Rhapsody or Luca Turrilli
ARIA (best Russian group)
Helloween .. or better Gamma Ray ..Again cool!!!!
Iced Earth
Night Wish
Ed Guy - or Avantasia again!!!!
Therion

I certainly want to see Iced Earth as a headliner next time, and I think its feasable. I can't wait to see how PP4 shapes up and how successful it is. I absolutely do not support those Jack Koshik fests, as they are basically the worst possible product for the worst possible price. They are a joke to the fansa nd the bands, but half of those fans don't care anyway since they're there to see bands like Skinless and Gorgasm anyway -whistles-...

Other than Iced Earth...dammit, just because I'm the biggest fan, I want to see Blind GUardian again, but that's not possible. I can't suggest a whole lineup, as that would take thought, and it is early in the morning for me, but I would like to see Avantasia, Green Carnation (if thats somehow at all possible), Spiral Architect, and maybe after this Damnation cd comes out, the powers that be will think about letting Opeth have a slot despite the (excellent) death metal aspects.

-Eric