Bands who should be at ProgPower 14...

Sieges Even... nobody ever mentions them. A one off reunion with the most recent singer, but concentrating on some of the older material...Mindbending!
Arch/Matheos...why couldn't Arch have joined them last time around? A whole set of Arch related songs would kill ProgPower dead.
James LaBrie solo
Pain of Salvation
Another Dark Moor vote
Xandria
Suncaged
Dreamscape
Samargl

A band like JADED HEART would be killer at ProgPower. Since the arrival of singer Johan Falberg, they switched for a much heavier style that would suit PP just fine, as much as a band like Pretty Maids this year. Their last 4 albums are excellent IMO. The question: is Glenn a fan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a list of bands to consider for next year:

Thursday- Eternal Essence
Thursday- To-Mera
Thursday- Solid Vision
Thursday- Cloudscape

Friday- Bad Salad
Friday- Myrath
Friday- Anubis Gate
Friday- Eumeria
Friday- Future's End
Friday- Seventh Wonder
Friday- Spheric Universe Experience

Saturday- Ethereal Architect
Saturday- In Virtue
Saturday- Skyharbor
Saturday- The Murder Of My Sweet
Saturday- Devin Townsend Project
Saturday- Teramaze
Saturday- Periphery

Thursday- To-Mera
Thursday- Solid Vision
Thursday- Cloudscape

Friday- Bad Salad
Friday- Myrath
Friday- Anubis Gate
Friday- Eumeria
Friday- Future's End
Friday- Seventh Wonder

Saturday- In Virtue
Saturday- Skyharbor
Saturday- Teramaze
Saturday- Periphery
Wow. No power metal at all, eh? No thanks.

Thursday- To-Mera
Thursday- Solid Vision
Thursday- Cloudscape

Friday- Bad Salad
Friday- Myrath
Friday- Anubis Gate
Friday- Eumeria
Friday- Future's End
Friday- Seventh Wonder

Saturday- In Virtue
Saturday- Skyharbor
Saturday- Teramaze
Saturday- Periphery

no Power metal or Headliner quality bands....:guh:

Someone mentioned them in another thread for next year and logistics aside (even though i know they are a bitch, Glenn.) I would pay double the ticket price if they were on the bill. I love Loudness, but they went off the deep end there for awhile and ANTHEM never veered their course.

They have been around since the 80's and are FUCKING sick. Yes, profanity is necessary to describe how awesome this has been for 30 years.

Two videos live in the studio.

Watch the shred in the solo section

Instrumental shred

Last edited by a moderator:
ANTHEM are great! Are they releasing new material, or somehow creating a buzz? I've been a slightly out of the loop lately.

Side note, I can't disagree with you more that ANTHEM is better than LOUDNESS. I saw LOUDNESS last year for their massive 30th Anniversary US Tour and they were absolutely wonderful, on fire, and high energy the entire time. I would drop everything to see them again if they came back to the US. Same with SEX MACHINEGUNS.

ANTHEM are great! Are they releasing new material, or somehow creating a buzz? I've been a slightly out of the loop lately.

Side note, I can't disagree with you more that ANTHEM is better than LOUDNESS. I saw LOUDNESS last year for their massive 30th Anniversary US Tour and they were absolutely wonderful, on fire, and high energy the entire time. I would drop everything to see them again if they came back to the US. Same with SEX MACHINEGUNS.

Anthem are also much better for me than Loudness. They always kept playing the same traditional heavy/power metal style, never went for that dull "modern" stuff that plagued Loudness albums for years. And vocally, while the Anthem singer is not the greatest on earth, he's MUCH better than the Loudness dude, which was always the weak point in the band, and even more now. The guy's voice is shot since a long time and he ruins the band IMO.

Loudness was fantastic last year on tour, but Anthem never released a "Heavy Metal Hippies." Just sayin...