"Believe" in the TSO Setlist

Good for you.... I'm curious which one you'll like better. I'm so far east that going to a TSO West show would be rather expensive.

Well, for once me living in northeast Tennessee has paid off as far as going to concerts is concerned! :lol: I live in Johnson City, so Knoxville is 1 1/2 drive west and Greenville, SC is 2 hours east. It's not too bad either way.

~Brian~

Well, for once me living in northeast Tennessee has paid off as far as going to concerts is concerned! :lol: I live in Johnson City, so Knoxville is 1 1/2 drive west and Greenville, SC is 2 hours east. It's not too bad either way.

~Brian~

Would love reviews of both shows. Especially curious to hear your opinion of Believe.

And anything at all about the West, since I won't get to see them. Thanks!

Would love reviews of both shows. Especially curious to hear your opinion of Believe.

And anything at all about the West, since I won't get to see them. Thanks!

I'll be glad to. I'm really looking forward to hearing Believe, considering it's my all time favorite Savatage song. With that said, I'll be very critical of someone else singing it besides the Mountain King. At the same time, I'm loving it that the general public will hear such a stellar song!

~Brian~

I'll be glad to. I'm really looking forward to hearing Believe, considering it's my all time favorite Savatage song. With that said, I'll be very critical of someone else singing it besides the Mountain King. At the same time, I'm loving it that the general public will hear such a stellar song!

~Brian~

Yeah, the guy didn't stand a chance with me since I had just seen Jon perform it in Cleveland a month prior. It was their first show, and he was nervous and messed up the lyrics. His name is Tim Hockenberry, and he is new to the band this year.

I honestly don't remember who did the guitar on Prelude. I was so overwhelmed by the whole thing I didn't even notice! They have Johnny Lee introduce this part of the set, which is a nice touch.

Caffery seems to think these performances will translate into hundreds of thousands of record sales for Savatage. Something about doing a big promo in conjunction with TSO's Nightcastle album and the re-release of the Sava catalog. I think he is being a little optimistic!

Yeah, the guy didn't stand a chance with me since I had just seen Jon perform it in Cleveland a month prior. It was their first show, and he was nervous and messed up the lyrics. His name is Tim Hockenberry, and he is new to the band this year.

I honestly don't remember who did the guitar on Prelude. I was so overwhelmed by the whole thing I didn't even notice! They have Johnny Lee introduce this part of the set, which is a nice touch.

Caffery seems to think these performances will translate into hundreds of thousands of record sales for Savatage. Something about doing a big promo in conjunction with TSO's Nightcastle album and the re-release of the Sava catalog. I think he is being a little optimistic!

The dude better not mess it up in Greenville or I'll throw a tomato at him! :loco: Anyway, that's interesting about the re-release of the Sava catalog. I can't see many of the casual TSO fans diggin' songs like City Beneath the Surface, The Dugeons Are Calling or She's In Love! LOL...

~Brian~

Good for you.... I'm curious which one you'll like better. I'm so far east that going to a TSO West show would be rather expensive.

Well, there is no longer much of a directional component to what's called TSO-East and TSO-West. The difference now lies in the performers, not in the tour routing. :)

I'm assuming that at one point TSO-East played mostly East Coast dates, and vice-versa, but for the last few tours both troupes have performed pretty much everywhere. For example, last year Atlanta got TSO-W, and yet cities only a few hours away got TSO-E.

The dude better not mess it up in Greenville or I'll throw a tomato at him! :loco: Anyway, that's interesting about the re-release of the Sava catalog. I can't see many of the casual TSO fans diggin' songs like City Beneath the Surface, The Dugeons Are Calling or She's In Love! LOL...

~Brian~

Yeah, I totally wanted to slap him for screwing up, but it was his first show, and like I said, he could have done the best version ever, and I would not have been impressed! Feel free to throw a tomato for me too if he messes up at your show.

I agree about TSO fans getting into a lot of Sava stuff. DWD and Wake, maybe, but definitely not the older stuff. LOL at She's In Love..that song cracks me up (probably because I'm female!)...I guess time will tell.

LOL at She's In Love..that song cracks me up (probably because I'm female!)...I guess time will tell.

Yeah, it's not one of Sava's finer moments to be honest. Anything from Streets on up should appeal to some TSO fans. Regardless of what Paul O'Neill says, the Savatage rock operas are still more edgy than the TSO stuff. I just can't fathom a 60 year old man listening to Starlight from DWD and diggin' it, but I could be wrong.

~Brian~

I just can't fathom a 60 year old man listening to Starlight from DWD and diggin' it, but I could be wrong.

~Brian~

I just got back from a gathering of TSO fans who congregated in Las Vegas to see the show there. There were about 100 people of all ages, and a surprising number of them who were not previously metal fans *have* gotten into Savatage. Mostly the concept albums -- but still, I think that's progress! Maybe I'll get some of them down to ProgPower one of these years. :)

I saw TSO in Atlanta on the 16th, then the 23rd in Greenville and i will say they were Awesome! the savatage songs were insane expecially Prelude to madness, And the good part about atlanta was getting to meet Anna and i stayed till the line had ended and got pictures with her, then With Chris, got to talk a little to Johnny lee he was really nice..Anyway 2 great shows what away to begin the holidays..The Pictures of me and Anna and Chris are on Myspace page, i always say if you meet someone and tell people prove it with pictures lol.

Dang.

I was thinking of staying until the line dwindled down and chatting a bit more with the band, but common sense, the fact that I didn't bring my camera inside (I assumed they were verboten), and the fact that we wanted to go eat dragged us outside. :)

When Savatage played at the Outer Edge in Marietta a loong time ago, a few of us ended up chatting with JLM outside the venue for a loong time after the show...probably close to an hour. Eventually the tour-bus fired up and began across the parking lot, and Johnny stood up, chuckling. "They can't leave without ME, I'm the tour accountant!"
The bus kept rolling past us toward the road.
"On the other hand, they might think I'm asleep in my bunk," and he hurled his bottled water at the side of the bus.
*blam*
The bus stopped.
"Gotta go, guys!"

Man, that was funny. :heh:

Last Night's TSO show in El Paso to put it mildly was the best show i have ever seen. They were spot on on every song. Al Petrilli gets my vote as the most metal guitarist in the world. He had to play the whole show and a few before last night from a chair, as he had injured himself while preforming a show two weeks earlier. He shattered his knee-cap and tore his ACL, but he still played on. The high light of the evening was the dueling pianos, and their heavy metal rendition of the peanuts theme song, it was awesome.

I wound up missing the Greenville, SC show due to a death in the family. :erk: Last week was not a good week to say the least. Basically, I ate my ticket, because the death was so unexpected. With that said, I still have the December Knoxville show to look forward to, eventhough it's the West group.

~Brian~