• Redemption

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • Pagan's Mind

Votes: 95 59.7%
  • Sonata Arctica

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PAGANS MIND is why I came to this event. They fucking destroyed that place last night. I'm glad I got to see Raintime, they were very interesting. As for Virgin Steel, holy shit. The music was frikkin' awsome. The singer looked worn out....but he gave it his best, and I thought that was pretty rockin'.

I totally vote for Pagan's Mind. They were the best yesterday.
Raintime 2nd place, IMO.

I totally vote for Pagan's Mind. They were the best yesterday.
Raintime 2nd place, IMO.

And this comming from someone who is more power than prog.
Agreed that Pagans Mind was awsome,the only problem is that they followed Redemption.
This was almost like 2 year ago when Angra followed Conception,when Angra was awsome but followed a historicly amazing set by Conception.

Redemption...even with Ray's vocal problems he still showed so much emotion & is a great front man. Nick and the guys musicianship was well above the rest. It's funny...the level of talent jumped up when Communic got on stage...dropped drastically with VS...then went off the chart with Redemption. PM screwed up "Through Osiris Eyes" but recovered decently. SA was meh. They should have got on stage as soon as PM finished...Redemption & PM had the crowd primed.

Raintime was 1st for me followed by Communic.

Im a HUGE Communic fan, but they did play to much off Visual Decay imo but opening with Silence Surrounds was fucking class. I think, like the most of the people, Pagan's Mind and I think Raintime surprised alot of people, but I knew they were going to destroy. :kickass:

It's PAGAN'S MIND all the way, except why the hell didn't they play anything from Infinity Divine??? AUGH!!!

I really, really really wanted my vote to go to Sonata Arctica and they were so close but they just didn't live up to my expectations on some levels. Not that I didn't enjoy their set because I really, really did but ... PM just owned it ...

Pagan's Mind's set was miles ahead of all the others on Friday evening. WOW!:kickass::worship:rock: It was second only to PF's gig in terms of both nights' bands. PM's guitarist is one of the best musicians I've ever had the pleasure of watching play live in person! Jaw-droppingly masterful display of axemanship prowess!:worship:

PM 11/10
SA 10/10
VS 9.90/10

Im a HUGE Communic fan, but they did play to much off Visual Decay imo but opening with Silence Surrounds was fucking class. I think, like the most of the people, Pagan's Mind and I think Raintime surprised alot of people, but I knew they were going to destroy. :kickass:

as i recall, Communic opened with Communication Sublime, not Silence Surrounds.....in fact, i don't recall them doing Silence Surrounds at all...

1. Sonata Arctica
2. Communic
3. Redemption
4. Pagan's Mind
5. Raintime
6. Virgin Steele

I really thought Sonata was going to bore me with new album stuff to the neglect of their older tunes, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought Communic was going to blow all away, but Sonata delivered for me.

Communic was just intense, I was happy and immediately went and purchased their new CD. Wish they'd had a medium-sized T-shirt at the table, though.

I must say, I was thoroughly disgusted with the sound mix...numerous groups I could not hear the freaking vocals worth a crap. Not dead mic issues, but crappy mixing with all the instruments drowning the vocals. Anyway, the Pagan's Mind and Redemption bands were awesome, even if I couldn't hear their vocalists to any great degree. I was very impressed with the Redemption folk's playing. Too bad I couldn't hear their vocalists enough to give them a fair shake.

I can't figure out why Virgin Steele still exists as a musical entity :) I was very disappointed to say the least (the three guys who made the road trip with me had the same sentiment).

Raintime just didn't do it for me, but they were light years better than Virgin Steel, IMHO.