Big 'plop' in Domination PL

ShredderSepp

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2011
Hi,

Has anyone ever noticed there's a kind of a big mistake on the track Domination on Symphony X's Paradise Lost album? At 3.31 a loud 'plop' is audible. Strange, this apparently escaped the attention of the producer/mixer of the album.

Greetz.

Maybe you should check your ears then, it's definitely there. ;-) Listen real careful. Once you've heard it, you'll hear it everytime you listen to the song. It's a very low, banging sound. It's not edgy so therefore you won't hear it immediately but it is definitely there.

I don't know I thought this was a common thing there was already threads and people talking about on this board, so they obviously thought it was.

I still don't really hear it but I'm never really listening out for it.

It's just that I've never read about this anywhere before. I'm just amazed by the fact that this mistake slipped through while PL without a doubt has been a costly production.

The holy "thud" has been discussed here before, and we made some amusing guesses as to what caused it.

It's definitely there ;) and you're right, it is kind of surprising how this slipped unnoticed in the mix.

Yeah it's there and once you know it's there you can't unhear it. Kind of ruined the song for me. Not that I liked it very much before it.

Ok It's there I guess, but since it haven't bothered me before, it won't bother me in the future. Not everything has to be so perfect in music. If you look at 70's rock bands, sometimes they are a bit out of tune and there's all kinds of noises at times. Doesn't bother me much again.

It's real, sometimes I hear it and sometimes I forget about it, and either way it doesn't bother me.

Ok It's there I guess, but since it haven't bothered me before, it won't bother me in the future. Not everything has to be so perfect in music. If you look at 70's rock bands, sometimes they are a bit out of tune and there's all kinds of noises at times. Doesn't bother me much again.

true. Alex Lifeson comes in too early at one point durring the chorus in Twilight Zone.